Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Can you Spell Girl... Or HARD!

dimpley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dimpley

I can spell both these words which is great because it helps with this forum topic!
    The 'Can you Spell Girl?' challenge is hard!

Tips ive heard so far:
    - Triple heelflips
    - The patience and concentration of a god!

Anyone have any clues, im sure plenty of people would appreciate it!
    xx

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

My advice - Give up.

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GobiasIndustries

I haven't played the game, but I also advise people to give up whenever I get the chance

Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AimingWandersly

best advice i've seen so far (or at least most comprehensive - read: i haven't actually beat this one myself yet) was on this dude's youtube page:

scroll down to the video called "how to beat koston and carroll in skate 2" or something like that. he describes a pretty good strategy, run for run, on how to beat them, which tricks you should learn, and various other neat tidbits. it mostly pertains to 540's and triple flips, but has a little strategy for how to execute them the most successfully.

like the first skate, i think my eventual strategy will be to re-master the 540 and then just do one, and then enough easy tricks to bump it off the recent trick list, and then another 540 until i beat them.
    najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By najaf

I have cleared this challenge. As stated above, restart til Koston bails. Then hold out for your turn. When you start turn around to your 8 o'clock and go into the little nook, then turn back around. With the extra distance you get get three pushes sooner, and have more time to crack a big ollie. I beat them by sticking to a pattern so as to not repeat on accident.

On every trick I would try for a 540, and rarely get one. I would not recommend the tripple flips, though they do work and can be done. Tripple flips can cause you to bail, while jamming the same direction on both sticks will not no matter how you land. Also, when you crack the trick off the ramp, release both sticks, then at once push them both in the direction you want to spin. This causes you to rotate faster than transitioning from the trick to the spin immediately.  I had the most luck with 360 shuv it 540's. I landed two of them. I also have at various attempts on the challenge gotten both nollie 540s, ollie 540s and kickflip 540s.

I would do tricks in this order:

ollie
    Kickflip
    fs shuv
    heelflip
    bs shuv
    fs 360 shuv
    bs 360 shuv

...then nollie tricks in the same order. If when I attempted a flip and it came out a shuv it, or I attempted an ollie and it came out a kickflip, which happens to me every now and again, I would of course skip the following (similar) trick. These are well spaced and hard to hit by accident; whereas with varial flips, 360 and laser flips, hardflips and inwards can more often come out as other tricks if not done perfectly. While I am quite good at the flickit system, I chose not to be risky with this challenge. 

So as to not waste time at the start reviewing the tricks, I would only switch back to ollie tricks from nollie when the whole list had 'nollie' in there. This way you don't have to remember the tricks if you follow a pattern.

One last note. When I completed the challenge, I had bailed once. I did not restart just because I lost my turn. I still made it through another round of both guys bailing or retricking.

IMPORTANT!!!!!

WHEN YOU BEAT THE CHALLENGE, DO 

NOT PRESS 'A'!

At the end of this challenge, unlike any other in the game  there will be the results screen with 'A' as an option to restart and 'B' to quit. Press B and you get the save. Press A and you get to do the whole thing again with no save.
    sokkratez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By sokkratez

Seriously? The options are reversed? Now it does feel like this challenge is just to sell DLC. I know you had to 540 in the first game too but it was much easier to do than in this location.

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AimingWandersly
    Sokkratez said:
    "Seriously? The options are reversed? Now it does feel like this challenge is just to sell DLC. I know you had to 540 in the first game too but it was much easier to do than in this location."
    totally true. i mean, i think i'd have an easier time taking them if it were on the stair gap from the first game. what's with this dumbass picnic table kicker. it's so easy to miss. you're trying to push really hard (to get over the bike rack), aim properly (as it's not perfectly lined up when you start) and get your trick off with enough ollie to make the gap. all of those factors make this challenge hard on top of koston and carroll both being douched.
    Avatar image for simplyorange563
    simplyorange563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By simplyorange563
    so i have been stuck on this challenge for a few days now but i believe that i have found the answer. on the picnic table there is two marks. the first is a line and the second is more of a block. i would recommend switching your rider to regular. once doing so ,my suggestion is that you move both of your sticks to the right as everyone has said but before you do aim to launch off the beginning of the second block on the table. this will usualy give you the pop necessary to complete the 540 rotation. i have had the most luck doing 540 kick-flips and 540 ollies however it is possible to do heels.
    sokkratez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sokkratez

Good tip. I will try skating Regular next time, I normally feel better with Goofy. Makes sense that you might launch differently. We'll see.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By Soap

Footplant 540's are most definitly the answer, I managed to finish this pretty easily after learning that.

Not sure if it was just luck, but I found if you press pause in between either Mike or Eric's first and second kicks they seem to be a lot more likely to bail, keep restarting till Eric bails first time and then just suffer through Mike's crap till you get to lay down the epic 540 footplants.

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AimingWandersly
    Soap said:
    "Footplant 540's are most definitly the answer, I managed to finish this pretty easily after learning that.

Not sure if it was just luck, but I found if you press pause in between either Mike or Eric's first and second kicks they seem to be a lot more likely to bail, keep restarting till Eric bails first time and then just suffer through Mike's crap till you get to lay down the epic 540 footplants."
    540 footplants? as in a boneless off the top of the table for a bit more air? are they easier to pull off than say... a 540 heelfilp?
    najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By najaf

I believe he is refering to the method of doing a 360 off the table and then timing the footplant for the ground, but keep the right stick held to spin; you should bounce up and finish another half spin for the 540.

dimpley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dimpley

I tried the footplant technique, was a no go... for me anyway.
    And i doubt you can boneless off the end because that doesn't use the right stick. Maybe a no comply? i cant do them regularly enough though!
    I got a nollie shuv-it 540 a couple of times, and a tripple heel a couple. But i dont either are consistent enough...
    This challenge is a biatch!!

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AimingWandersly

ok, the footplant trick totally works!

FYI: from another challenge, i figured out that the fastest to pull footplant (at least when you're riding goofy) is the right trigger + x combo. so turn around and get the extra space for three pushes, hit the kicker into a grab 360 but hold x too and don't let go when you're coming down. you'll hit the ground on your extended foot. keep holding over and you'll complete the 540 + whatever flip you did to start your trick.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#15  Edited By Soap
    Najaf said:
    "I believe he is refering to the method of doing a 360 off the table and then timing the footplant for the ground, but keep the right stick held to spin; you should bounce up and finish another half spin for the 540."
    Yeap, soz I should have made myself more clear ;)
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AimingWandersly

i've now gotten to sk for both of them three seperate times but failed to put the nail in the coffin.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By CreamyGoodness
    Najaf said:
    "I have cleared this challenge. As stated above, restart til Koston bails. Then hold out for your turn. When you start turn around to your 8 o'clock and go into the little nook, then turn back around. With the extra distance you get get three pushes sooner, and have more time to crack a big ollie. I beat them by sticking to a pattern so as to not repeat on accident.
    On every trick I would try for a 540, and rarely get one. I would not recommend the tripple flips, though they do work and can be done. Tripple flips can cause you to bail, while jamming the same direction on both sticks will not no matter how you land. Also, when you crack the trick off the ramp, release both sticks, then at once push them both in the direction you want to spin. This causes you to rotate faster than transitioning from the trick to the spin immediately.  I had the most luck with 360 shuv it 540's. I landed two of them. I also have at various attempts on the challenge gotten both nollie 540s, ollie 540s and kickflip 540s.

I would do tricks in this order:

ollie
    Kickflip
    fs shuv
    heelflip
    bs shuv
    fs 360 shuv
    bs 360 shuv

...then nollie tricks in the same order. If when I attempted a flip and it came out a shuv it, or I attempted an ollie and it came out a kickflip, which happens to me every now and again, I would of course skip the following (similar) trick. These are well spaced and hard to hit by accident; whereas with varial flips, 360 and laser flips, hardflips and inwards can more often come out as other tricks if not done perfectly. While I am quite good at the flickit system, I chose not to be risky with this challenge. 

So as to not waste time at the start reviewing the tricks, I would only switch back to ollie tricks from nollie when the whole list had 'nollie' in there. This way you don't have to remember the tricks if you follow a pattern.

One last note. When I completed the challenge, I had bailed once. I did not restart just because I lost my turn. I still made it through another round of both guys bailing or retricking.

IMPORTANT!!!!!

WHEN YOU BEAT THE CHALLENGE, DO 

NOT PRESS 'A'!

At the end of this challenge, unlike any other in the game  there will be the results screen with 'A' as an option to restart and 'B' to quit. Press B and you get the save. Press A and you get to do the whole thing again with no save.
    "
    best advice i have seen, tried it and it works
    MayorMcCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By MayorMcCheese

None of this is necessery, it is MAD EASY
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzz4KZVh_EY

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By najaf

Good gosh I wish I knew that. I spent quite a bit of time on that challenge to beat it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By kush

I attempted this for about 5 minutes last night and just gave up...after finishing COD: WaW on Veteran I wasn't really up for any kind of challenge at the moment, but there seem to be some good tips in here...hopefully they'll make it easier.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Death_Burnout

Dude 540's are the answer, they are just the answer!

I did it after a few hours of playing fair, then i said screw it, 540 it is, i managed to beat them with no mess ups, both of them beaten at the same time.

it's fairly simple to do, just push both sticks in the same direction hard!

OR you can just glitch it like in that video...its funny because when i was struggling i always thought i could glitch the system with that rail, i guess i was right!

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AimingWandersly
    MayorMcCheese said:
    "None of this is necessery, it is MAD EASY
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzz4KZVh_EY"
    goddammit. mccheese is right. this goal is totally glitchable. but two things:
    1) there are actually two rails that are closer to the challenge than the one all the way up the spill way, just look around at the bottom of it

AND

2) if the rail doesn't show up on koston's second trick, quit and make sure you didn't shove the kicker back at all. i did and had to move it forward a bit so the rail would show up.
    dimpley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dimpley

I THANK THE MEN WHO MADE THIS VID!
    AND YOU McCHEESE FOR FINDING IT AND LETTING US KNOW!

I can die happy and complete now...
    xx

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By JoelTGM

yeah that glitch makes it pathetically easy.  I don't think anyone can beat it legit, the AI never ever miss a trick, they just randomly bail sometimes.

sokkratez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sokkratez

Thank you for posting the video of the glitch. I used it with no shame. Forget this "challenge".

I hit A when I finished, too. Good thing there's that retry confirmation.

Picto_pixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Picto_pixels

Am I the only one that managed to do it without 540's or a glitch =) I feel accomplished yet at the same time it only took me nearly 4 hours of patience.
    Waste of time in the end though, with girl as a sponsor I can't enter the training facility, is it just me having this problem?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Chummy8

I have this one and the alien workshop manny challenge left.  Out of the entire game, only these 2 challenges are left for me.  It's kinda funny because I was able to do all of those challenges (even some of the more difficult ones like Blaow!) on my own without any help.  Now I just want to complete it and I don't care if I have to glitch or not.

gamerpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gamerpro

me too spend a lot of hours doing the tricks,  but after hours of patience i finally nailed it... for me this is a great game

madk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By madk

This works perfectly:

http://www.digitalsomething.com/users/jeremy/skate_2_how_to_beat_can_you_spell_girl__476.html

PortalNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PortalNinja

Do 540s (Hold left stick and right stick in same direction after doing a trick will increase a 360 to 540), do 360 flips, Hardflips, also just plain Ollie 540s and Nollie 540s, they usually end up doing kickflips instead.
    I have recently done the game 100% and I have to say I found this challenge one of the hardest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.