Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

DLC

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SimpsonFan

I think it's great and pretty cheap. $5 dollar's for The fantasy Factory and theres a huge surrounding area. Anyone get the Classic San Van pack yet!?

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I wasn't aware of this, but I'm looking into it right now..

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By RedSox8933

fantasy factory is alright. thats the only one that i got. a lot of new dlc achievements though.

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By najaf

The Classic pack is an amazing value. You not only get the listed recreated locations; school, parkade, and community center, but you get a good bit of surrounding area as well. They have improved on a lot of aspects and now you are able to get on a lot of the roofs which were previously inaccessible. It is easily worth 5 dollars.

Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AimingWandersly

i grabbed the classic pack as there are quite a few achievements tied to it. the goals are quite hard but very different than skate 2. they also let you see some slightly different versions and new areas from the skate. locations.

i think i may grab rob's factory tonight (love the show) it just seemed like it wouldn't be as fun. not as many locations and a smaller skate park than any of the others in the game.

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RiddleBrother

i really dug the classic san van pack. way more content/spot than the fantasy factory,w hich felt like a rip off to  me. fantasy factory is so much more poorly designed than the rest of the skate 2 content that it's really shocking, and it's basically just a big advertisement that you pay for. great.
    skip the fantasy pack, definitely pick up the classic san van, imho.

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AimingWandersly
    RiddleBrother said:
    "i really dug the classic san van pack. way more content/spot than the fantasy factory,w hich felt like a rip off to  me. fantasy factory is so much more poorly designed than the rest of the skate 2 content that it's really shocking, and it's basically just a big advertisement that you pay for. great.
    skip the fantasy pack, definitely pick up the classic san van, imho."
    that was my initial concern and what stopped me buying it. i want to skate in the fantasy factory, it's just that the actual skating area in it is so small. i would have bought both right away if you could skate to them from new san vanelona. if they ever have actual map additions, i will fork over another $10-20 for sure, just hate having to load them individually.
    RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RiddleBrother
    AimingWandersly said:
    "RiddleBrother said:
    "i really dug the classic san van pack. way more content/spot than the fantasy factory,w hich felt like a rip off to  me. fantasy factory is so much more poorly designed than the rest of the skate 2 content that it's really shocking, and it's basically just a big advertisement that you pay for. great.
    that was my initial concern and what stopped me buying it. i want to skate in the fantasy factory, it's just that the actual skating area in it is so small. i would have bought both right away if you could skate to them from new san vanelona. if they ever have actual map additions, i will fork over another $10-20 for sure, just hate having to load them individually."
    Yeah. There's a decent rooftop section  that has a pretty big drop-in down to street level, but asides from that, I haven't loaded the fantasy factory since buying it. there's also a fairly large area surrounding the fantasy factory with NOTHING in it. a few ledges, a few teeny tiny stair sets. nothing you're missing out on.
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AimingWandersly
    RiddleBrother said:
    "AimingWandersly said:
    "RiddleBrother said:
    that was my initial concern and what stopped me buying it. i want to skate in the fantasy factory, it's just that the actual skating area in it is so small. i would have bought both right away if you could skate to them from new san vanelona. if they ever have actual map additions, i will fork over another $10-20 for sure, just hate having to load them individually."
    Yeah. There's a decent rooftop section  that has a pretty big drop-in down to street level, but asides from that, I haven't loaded the fantasy factory since buying it. there's also a fairly large area surrounding the fantasy factory with NOTHING in it. a few ledges, a few teeny tiny stair sets. nothing you're missing out on. "
    sadly, i bought it last night. i don't know why. it was a big disappointment, and like the classic pack, i beat it all in one night. i did like the big gap challenge but the competition was cheap and lame. i'm slightly embarrassed, but i just love skate so much...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.