Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

If Skate 3 Met Amped 3's Campaign Structure...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

I'm a bit torn on Skate 3. It captures Skateboarding extremely well. Trying to control the fickle nature of the board, attempting to make it do my volition's bidding with the flicking of my thumbs. I end up putting down a session marker at some spot and find myself doing the same 100 meters run a 100 times over before moving on. All the while my campaign doesn't progress at all. I get nothing out of it except the 'videogame skateboarding' I came for in the first place. The campaign structure doesn't mesh at all with the nature of the game.

Amped 3 has challenges and photographers and whatnot set-up seamlessly all over the world (if I remember correctly). Pretty much everywhere I go, there's something I can do to further my progress. Many of the campaign challenges trigger seamlessly as I ride past them. Progressing simply by playing. Skate 3 would be so much better if I'd progress with every landed trick, rather than having to seek out pre-determined and not-seamlessly-integrated challenges.

Oh well - it'll do 'til KoA:R is released next week and SSX is right around the corner, which I expect to have that amazing 'Hot Pursuit Autolog OCD' goodness to it, as advertised. Also looking forward to a less fickle, more immediate fun, arcade sports experience.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I'm a bit torn on Skate 3. It captures Skateboarding extremely well. Trying to control the fickle nature of the board, attempting to make it do my volition's bidding with the flicking of my thumbs. I end up putting down a session marker at some spot and find myself doing the same 100 meters run a 100 times over before moving on. All the while my campaign doesn't progress at all. I get nothing out of it except the 'videogame skateboarding' I came for in the first place. The campaign structure doesn't mesh at all with the nature of the game.

Amped 3 has challenges and photographers and whatnot set-up seamlessly all over the world (if I remember correctly). Pretty much everywhere I go, there's something I can do to further my progress. Many of the campaign challenges trigger seamlessly as I ride past them. Progressing simply by playing. Skate 3 would be so much better if I'd progress with every landed trick, rather than having to seek out pre-determined and not-seamlessly-integrated challenges.

Oh well - it'll do 'til KoA:R is released next week and SSX is right around the corner, which I expect to have that amazing 'Hot Pursuit Autolog OCD' goodness to it, as advertised. Also looking forward to a less fickle, more immediate fun, arcade sports experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.