Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Skate 3 - Singleplayer impressions

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By zanetsu

So, I finished up the single-player part of Skate 3 over the weekend, I only have four spots left to find. Overall I thought it was a good experience, the goals felt more in line with regular skating for the most part. Hardcore mode makes everything a lot harder as well, at first I had my mind set on completing every challenge on HC, but that thought didn't last long. 

The tutorial seemed like it was really good, I can't say too much about it since I've been playing both of the earlier entries in this series for quite some time. No Coach Frank outside the tutorial though, would've liked to see that. Haven't touched the multi-player yet, or the skate.Create features, I'll get around to that later.
      (half-relevant clip of Jason Lee being, well, Jason Lee)

I might get around to writing a proper review at some point, we'll see. I definitely think it is a good sequel, even though it doesn't add much the quality is still as high and it introduces a couple of new things that makes it feel a little more justified.
    zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zanetsu

So, I finished up the single-player part of Skate 3 over the weekend, I only have four spots left to find. Overall I thought it was a good experience, the goals felt more in line with regular skating for the most part. Hardcore mode makes everything a lot harder as well, at first I had my mind set on completing every challenge on HC, but that thought didn't last long. 

The tutorial seemed like it was really good, I can't say too much about it since I've been playing both of the earlier entries in this series for quite some time. No Coach Frank outside the tutorial though, would've liked to see that. Haven't touched the multi-player yet, or the skate.Create features, I'll get around to that later.
      (half-relevant clip of Jason Lee being, well, Jason Lee)

I might get around to writing a proper review at some point, we'll see. I definitely think it is a good sequel, even though it doesn't add much the quality is still as high and it introduces a couple of new things that makes it feel a little more justified.
    JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By JarenFace

Man Zanetsu, you've been killing it on the ps3 Giant Bomb skate team.

As for single player, I feel mostly the same way. It really is a game for people who loved the previous two entries and are looking for new areas to skate. I just felt that the career mode lacked some direction since there wasn't really a set path to follow. There weren't really any specific moments that made me feel like I was really progressing, it was more of a "do/find some challenges until I had to create another  teammate, then skate as them for a few goals". Trick wise, the arsenal hasn't expanded in the same way it did from 1 - 2 (though, darkslides are amazingly satisfying to do). And finally, it seems some of aspects of the career/level design are showing hints of 'Tony Hawk', almost moving away from what the first skate represented. Sure, the franchise does have to move forward, but I guess I'm use to the skate 1 method of earning a huge drop/mega ramp and not finding them more frequently as with 2/3. The whole 'violence against NPCs is another story as well.

Don't get me wrong though. It's a solid game. I've probably already thrown away three hours just skating some really awesome spots. From what little I've played online as well, co-op missions can get extremely fun (or cause people to yell at you if you don't finish in time :p )

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FalconCritical

I've not played any skating games since Tony Hawk Pro 2, and though I took a while to get used to 'driving stick' I really enjoy the single player campaign. Sure there's not a whole lot of story to it, but I came from a game where you had one area to skate and couldn't progress till you'd done enough of the challenges there.  I'm not great at timing and found that somewhat frustrating, I like Skate 3 giving me the option to give up on something I find un-necessarily hard and go do something else or just skate to pass the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.