Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

skate.

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 14, 2007

In Electronic Arts' Skate, you create a skater and complete various photo and video challenges to get sponsors and become well known in the skating world as you appear on magazines such as Skateboard Mag and Thrasher.

I'm stuck!

PunkBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PunkBeatz

Trying to complete PJ Ladd's challenge at the mansion and I can't get past it. You have to olly onto a bench and grind an FS 5-0 into a FS tail.

I've looked at the method for pulling off both of them but can't seem to nail it. Do I olly again and land into the FS tail once i've done the FS 5-0 or should it be all in one swift motion? Any tips greatly appreciated!

ShotokanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShotokanMan

Probably a bit late seeing as you posted this a week ago but if you're still stuck this is what i did,

Position yourself one push away from the bench and set a session marker. Puch towards the bench and do your FS 5-0 then let yourself silde to a stop while still in the FS 5-0 and gently push the right stick way from the bench and you should go into an FS tail.
    Just keep trying if it doesn't work right away..that challenge is a pain in the ass!

Avatar image for reversethedevil
    reversethedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By reversethedevil

I had a little trouble with this one too. turns out i wasn't facing the right direction. I was doing a 5-0 instead of a frontside 5-0

Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AimingWandersly
    reversethedevil said:
    "I had a little trouble with this one too. turns out i wasn't facing the right direction. I was doing a 5-0 instead of a frontside 5-0"
    yep. if you look up guides online, they'll let you know exactly which stance you should be in (switch or regular) for your skating style (goofy or regular) and often even detail which way you need to turn the stick.

this trick in particular doesn't feel intuitive even when you do finally pull it off. that being said, it's a relatively easy task in the end, which only requires of you to hit the grind on a particular side and slowly move the right stick to find the second one. wait until you get to the final challenge with dyrdek and big black. same scenario but a lot harder...
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

What the fuck is up with bumping threads.
    This was posted 5 months ago, all problems have been solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.