Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

skate.

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 14, 2007

In Electronic Arts' Skate, you create a skater and complete various photo and video challenges to get sponsors and become well known in the skating world as you appear on magazines such as Skateboard Mag and Thrasher.

Skate is probably the most frustrating game I've ever played.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Somadude

It all started last week when I was bored and decided to dip into my unplayed/unfinished list of games. 
    I thought Skate would be a fine choice, little did I know that this would be a real test of my patience and sanity. 

Now let me just say, Skate is not a terrible game, it's just really frustrating. 
    I can't tell you how many times I've lost a challenge simply because some random skater decided he wanted to grind the same rail I was grinding, AT THE SAME TIME!
    I'm currently finishing up the Thrasher mag challenges and I have one more X-games challenge left. So far, It's been a rollercoaster ride of anger and fist-pumping. 
    ( the fist pumping is for when I NAIL THE TRICK DUUUUUUUDE.) 

Am I the only one with these feelings for this game?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

Yep, totally agree. Skate 2 lessens the frustration a bit but it's still rage inducing at times. I haven't played Skate 3 yet but I hear it pretty much cures the issue.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Somadude
    @Milkman:
    Yeah, I played the Skate 2 demo yesterday and I think it feels a lot better.
    Avatar image for 345t3rfgsdfwsdf
    34wsdfsdfwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By 34wsdfsdfwe

The first Skate was fuckin annoying at times, all the people on the streets messing up your tricks. Fucking people man, shit!

It was fun though.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got a slight since of anger from some challenges in the Skate 2 demo and figured it wasn't for me (I couldn't stand the camera angle and didn't care to find out if there was a different one as well) but the Skate 3 demo really impressed me and I had an amazing time with it, I definitely want to pick up the third one.

davebgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By davebgray

I went back to this game this weekend and am pulling my hair out.  The place is populated with so many clueless pedestrians and vehicles, not to mention the worst idea ever: no skate zones.  Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have people run up and push you off of your board in a skateboarding game needs to have a lobotomy. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.