Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skullgirls

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Apr 10, 2012

Take control of fierce female warriors in a 1940s dark Deco world in this stylish indie fighting game developed by (and for) hardcore fighting game enthusiasts.

Achievements and possible DLC

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Colt

Ok so I've got two topics.. 1st off the achievements came out today: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/skullgirls/achievements/

looks pretty mysterious..

Secondly, I wanted to discuss some of the concept art for DLC characters coming out that have been floating around.

First off we have who we know which includes the eight playable characters and three believed to be upcoming DLC..

No Caption Provided

And then we have some concept sketches for even more characters.. including the two male characters.

Anyway what do ya think? I personally love this style and fully support any of these characters. I'm particularly fond of the one that has a lawyer type appearance switching to a demon appearance. Very reminiscent of Callie for Ugly Americans. Also the freaking guy with a Panzer on his arm!

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By indiefinch

I love the art style they are going for, I just really want them to get this out ASAP. But I would rather then try to get the game super polished and balanced before trying to add more characters. Maybe after the game proves to be a very solid competitive game, then add some more characters and go from there.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Cogzwell

The first of those three boss characters is an old version of Double, who is now in the base roster. Squiggly and Umbrella are confirmed DLC.

Venus is a confirmed character in the world but has not been seen except as a decal in a stained glass window. Bloodie Marie, the evil maid, is the current skullgirl and the boss character.

In the concept art the guy on the left with the clamps on his arms is LeDuc, and it is believed that he's to be the first male DLC, but there's not much proof to back this up.

The "lawyer" is actually the teacher Ms. Violet who appears in the tutorial levels, the demon form is D. Violet who is basically her "by night" form, it's believed this may be another character at some point.

Annie, the girl with the bunny, has her own TV show in the Skullgirls universe and was actually cursed by her parents with eternal youth in order to live out being a child star forever. He rabbit is actually a parasite that interacts with her, it's unknown whether or this is tied to her eternal youth but considering the frequency of "parasitic partners" on characters like Squiggly and Filia it suggests she is a good candidate for a future character.

On the top left of the concept sheet is Corkscrew (now known as Ileum) and the triplets, who can be seen in the background of the Anti-Skullgirls lab stage, little is known about these characters.

Big Band (bottom left) has an iron lung in the shape of a saxophone, he can also be seen in the background of the Anti-Skullgirls lab stage and next to him is Panzerfaust (which means what you think it means) who is one of Parasoul's soldiers. They are larger then other characters but seeing as a "heavy" weight class was added for the inclusion of Double it suggests that the inclusion of either of these two characters is possible.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

Not so mysterious

Clear Story/Arcade Mode with all characters

Clear All Beginner Tutorials

Clear All Advanced Tutorials

Win online match with/use all characters

Win (ranked/online) / Use X times Filia

" " Cerebella

" " Peacock

" " Parasoul

" " Ms Fortune

" " Painwheel

" " Valentine

" " Double

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Colt

@Cogzwell: Woah thank you for clearing all that up. I had no idea any of the characters had set roles in the game. Either way I like the possibility that they could become DLC playable. The art style is the real selling point for me here and I just had to share these images for others.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Dan_CiTi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.