Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skullgirls

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Apr 10, 2012

Take control of fierce female warriors in a 1940s dark Deco world in this stylish indie fighting game developed by (and for) hardcore fighting game enthusiasts.

So, this game dead or something?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty

I picked this up because today my brand new swanky ice blue Qanba will arrive, figured I check on here but all the threads are old with no activity.

Any good websites with some combos I can get started with? I mostly play UMvC3 but looking forward to getting to grips with this game a little, if I understand it better maybe it'll make the streams more exciting for me too.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

well there is always srk.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jewunit

As Tech said, the obvious places to start are the SRK wiki and forums. Dustloop is another forum that has a lot of information, but they don't have any dedicated combo thread and are currently freaking out over the potential patches to the game that Mike Z mentioned in a livestream.

For combo videos, StarvingGamer made a great thread for Filia combos when the game first launched. Persona on Youtube has some big combos that he shows at full speed and then slows down to show the timing. He also has videos with smaller combos. In both instances, he provides good documentation. I have personally found it useful to watch Skullgirls tournament matches on FADC to get combo ideas. I got a few ideas watching Psyken's Valentine in the Civil War 4 videos.

As for general stuff about the game, I have also found it useful to go back and watch Mike Z's character walkthroughs. I may never have discovered that Valentine can hit a super following an air throw or an Izuna drop if not for watching her walkthrough.

I hope some of this stuff helps.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

@jewunit said:

As Tech said, the obvious places to start are the SRK wiki and forums. Dustloop is another forum that has a lot of information, but they don't have any dedicated combo thread and are currently freaking out over the potential patches to the game that Mike Z mentioned in a livestream.

For combo videos, StarvingGamer made a great thread for Filia combos when the game first launched. Persona on Youtube has some big combos that he shows at full speed and then slows down to show the timing. He also has videos with smaller combos. In both instances, he provides good documentation. I have personally found it useful to watch Skullgirls tournament matches on FADC to get combo ideas. I got a few ideas watching Psyken's Valentine in the Civil War 4 videos.

As for general stuff about the game, I have also found it useful to go back and watch Mike Z's character walkthroughs. I may never have discovered that Valentine can hit a super following an air throw or an Izuna drop if not for watching her walkthrough.

I hope some of this stuff helps.

Sweet! Thanks a lot, I'll dig into all this stuff after food.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.