Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skullgirls

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Apr 10, 2012

Take control of fierce female warriors in a 1940s dark Deco world in this stylish indie fighting game developed by (and for) hardcore fighting game enthusiasts.

Which Version?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Wemibelle

I think I'm probably going to pick this up and now I just have to decide which system to get it for. I do have a fighting stick for 360 (that I've barely used), so there's that. Is the Playstation 3 pad good enough for this or would I need a stick?

Also, I would prefer the version where more people are playing on but can't really tell what that is. Maybe we could get some kind of consensus on the more bought-for platform?

Thanks.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bestostero

well ps3 has exclusive trophies...so if you like those, you should get ps3 for the extra trophies, or if you dont like trophies or want an easier 100% get 360 for less trophies...

the pad seems to be ok imo...really its just a matter of taste, but i dont think either or is necessary.

i got ps3 version because that's all i got lol

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mesoian

At the moment, the PS3 seems to be the safer buy. The load times are better and there's some sort of error problem on the 360 version. That being said, all the problems are known to the dev team and should be patched out very very soon.

but if you're going to buy it right now, PS3. Waiting for 360 or dealing with it's problems is fine though, It'll give you a chance to learn characters.

Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Dawglet

If you've got a good quality fight stick then I'd definitely go with the 360 version just for that. The game easily lends itself to being played on a stick .

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By Phatmac

PS3. Always preferred fighting games on there cause of the d-pad.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By HadesTimes

I somehow, against my original judgement ended up getting both. But my fightstick is for the 360. Seems like lots of folks here are playing on PS3, Played it on PS3 a Tuesday night and it ran very well. Seemed like lots of people were checking it out and willing to play in unranked matches over and over.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GTCknight

@HadesTimes: Didn't get that luck. As for the d-pad, The PS3 is a pain for me due to the spaces between each direction.

I have both as well, but being able to get my character to do what I want when I want is very important to me.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper

Get both. Support the devs :D

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Jaktajj

@Scooper said:

Get both. Support the devs :D

I'm gonna end up doing this simply cause the PSN European version isn't out yet. So it was automatically Xbox for me.

@wemibelec90: Been playing on the xbox version and no problems here. If you have a fight stick, get it for that. Fighting games just feel wrong on anything other than a stick!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

I got the 360 version.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TechHits

As someone who only has a Ps3...

get the version you have a fightstick for.

MasterMind34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MasterMind34

The 360 has slightly longer load times due to "Blah blah hard drives or something." Other than that they're pretty much the same, so I'd get it for 360 if you've already got a fightstick for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.