Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skulls of the Shogun

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 30, 2013

A turn-based tactics game developed using XNA tools for Windows, XBLA, Windows Phone, and the new Microsoft Surface tablet involving ghost samurai battling it out in feudal Japan.

How is this on Surface RT?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Bollard

My Surface is still somewhere in the mail (assuming Microsoft in the UK ever decided to start shipping the damn things), but I was wondering if anyone here had picked this up for the tablet?

I'm super excited to see how it is on the tab, it looks really promising to make good headway for games on the thing.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@Chavtheworld: I haven't played it yet on Windows RT, but Giant Bomb did have that Quick Look of it being played on a Surface tablet with Windows 8.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bollard

@TruthTellah: Aye I watched that and it looked slick. Was curious of any hands-on experiences from the community.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@Chavtheworld: Ah. I assume it runs fine. I mean, Windows 8 RT isn't -real- Windows 8 like the Surface tablet will have later this year, but it has the specs to run Skulls of the Shogun fine. Maybe someone will be able to chime in with some hands-on experience, but that seems like a longshot at the moment.

wildwop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wildwop

It's not on the Store on the Surface yet. You can see it in the Xbox Store, but it only gives you a "Play on Xbox 360" option.

shadykx125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By shadykx125

It isn't on the regular windows8 store either, and it has a page on the xbox but you cant buy it. It seems the launch has been delayed, but I haven't been able to find any info on it anywhere.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@Chavtheworld: @wildwop: @shadykx125: Looks like it was delayed until November. Their Facebook page said they will be updating people soon on the new official release date.

One of the developers of the game suggested it was probably getting a November release now: https://twitter.com/Jkooza/status/250081483371458560

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bollard

@TruthTellah said:

@Chavtheworld: Ah. I assume it runs fine. I mean, Windows 8 RT isn't -real- Windows 8 like the Surface tablet will have later this year, but it has the specs to run Skulls of the Shogun fine. Maybe someone will be able to chime in with some hands-on experience, but that seems like a longshot at the moment.

Skulls of the Shogun was aimed to run on Surface RT in particular, as I'm sure many future games hoping to take advantage of Win8 tablets will be. I'm not curious about performance I just wondered how it was to play. But thanks for the info on it being delayed.

agentcooper7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By agentcooper7

Hey guys, this is Billy from 17-BIT. While we were shooting to launch Skulls at the same time as Surface/Win 8 that unfortunately didn't work out. We will be out before the end of the year, and should be announcing a release date in the next few weeks (if all goes right). Keep an eye on our twitter account (@17_BIT) and our website (skullsoftheshogun.com) where we'll be posting the news when it's available. Sorry for the delay!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bollard

@agentcooper7 said:

Hey guys, this is Billy from 17-BIT. While we were shooting to launch Skulls at the same time as Surface/Win 8 that unfortunately didn't work out. We will be out before the end of the year, and should be announcing a release date in the next few weeks (if all goes right). Keep an eye on our twitter account (@17_BIT) and our website (skullsoftheshogun.com) where we'll be posting the news when it's available. Sorry for the delay!

That's a shame! Sorry I didn't notice this post earlier, thanks for letting us know what's up, it's really cool. I'll definitely be grabbing Skulls when it hits the store!

In a similar note, what could possibly have happened so last minute for you guys to miss the date? I remember in the Quick Look EX there was talk about how you all felt really done with the game, and had an unprecedented amount of time to polish it, so I had assumed it'd be ready to go out the gate. Was it something Win8/Surface related that caused the delay, or something more fundamental? Just curious, and I understand if you can't say.

aquacadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By aquacadet

Looks like we'll get to find out in 1 hour and 10 minutes. They just announced this will come to the windows store at 4pm PST today.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Windows 8 Pro Ready to go.

Who wants some Skulls Anywhere

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By asmo917

Downloading now. Happy to play against any other Bombers that are interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.