Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skulls of the Shogun

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 30, 2013

A turn-based tactics game developed using XNA tools for Windows, XBLA, Windows Phone, and the new Microsoft Surface tablet involving ghost samurai battling it out in feudal Japan.

This looks pretty damn cool!

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

I've never been a fan of RTS because they were always so hard to get into, and usually went from pure strategy to speed-fests, there are a few examples of RTS's that I enjoy, because they let you turtle-up, and let me THINK about my strategy.
    This is why I've always preferred turn-based strategy, because the game actually lets you think about where to move your units.
    However, square grids got a little annoying and started making less and less sense, and even though hex grids are good, it's still not perfect.

Skulls of the Shogun takes one of my favorite parts from RTS's, the unit movement, and combines it with a turn-based mechanic.

VERY VERY AWESOME STUFF!  Super excited for this game after seeing the Quick Look.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

allow me to disagree

EvilConker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilConker

This isn't an RTS, if it was an RTS, there wouldn't be turns. 

Here's the difference in terms of games: 

Real Time Strategy: Command and Conquer 

Turn Based Strategy: Advance Wars 

The difference is in the turns, therefore, Skulls of the Shogun IS a TBS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.