Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Anyone Playing The Halloween DLC?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By colourful_hippie

Looks like Nightmare in North Point dropped today on Steam. I've been enjoying Sleeping Dogs quite a lot after picking it up for cheap and this new DLC (only $5) is a nice reason to get back into the game after just finishing it a couple days ago.

Anybody else picking it up? I only played the first mission and your girlfriend gets nabbed, seeing on how I've seen all of them I wonder if it's always the same girl or if it's random.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I'm planning on grabbing it on Friday, provided the internet doesn't explode with rage over it.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Wampa1

@Ravenlight: Why would they explode with rage?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@Wampa1:

I don't know, it's the internet. That's what it does about things sometimes. For reference, see Mass Effect 3.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#5  Edited By Kidavenger

I've only just started playing the main game (loving it) I'll probably end up getting this but not before I finish the game.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Egg0

Got it this morning. Finished it right before I picked up AC3. Took about 3 hours to get through, doing the side and main missions. Didn't find all the new collectables. For $5, it was pretty good.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By manhattan_project

@Ravenlight said:

@Wampa1:

I don't know, it's the internet. That's what it does about things sometimes. For reference, see Mass Effect 3.

I don't think anybody cares about Sleeping Dogs in the same way those people care about Mass Effect.

I'll probably end up picking it up but those last two hours really tired me out.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i got it first thing this morning and played through it in about 3 or so hours. i did everything (all collectibles, side missions, awards, etc). if i had just stuck to the main story it would have been waaaay shorter. still worth the 500 MP, though, i think. had some really funny dialogue and scenes in it.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I plan on picking up when I get paid. I loved the main game.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Kidavenger said:

I've only just started playing the main game (loving it) I'll probably end up getting this but not before I finish the game.

The game prompts you to play the DLC or the main Sleeping Dogs game so playing the DLC after finishing the main game is a good choice.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By billyhoush

I'm picking it up for PS3 once the store updates.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By Killercombo

I played some of it and it was really good, made me remember why I liked the game so much in this first place, will play more tomorrow.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By beargirl1

i just finished it. it's real short, but i liked it a lot. the story stuff always had me smiling, and it had a nice ending to boot. unfortunately i wasn't the biggest fan of the enemies you fight, since it simply wasn't as fun as fighting the regular thugs (although the powers are pretty awesome.) the exploding cars got me every time.

at the end,

it says the jiang shi is usuable in the main story, but i'm not sure if that means i can use the powers or what. i couldn't find anything in the wardrobe or the apartment..
    cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cannonballbam

@Colourful_Hippie: Hell yeah man, Very cool. These types of things need to be common place. Red Dead Redemption and Infamous had great holiday campaigns as well.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By ESREVER

@AjayRaz said:

i just finished it. it's real short, but i liked it a lot. the story stuff always had me smiling, and it had a nice ending to boot. unfortunately i wasn't the biggest fan of the enemies you fight, since it simply wasn't as fun as fighting the regular thugs (although the powers are pretty awesome.) the exploding cars got me every time.

at the end,

it says the jiang shi is usuable in the main story, but i'm not sure if that means i can use the powers or what. i couldn't find anything in the wardrobe or the apartment..

I thought it just said the hat was usable. Iunno, I didn't pay attention too it much.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@AjayRaz said:

at the end,

How short are we talking? I was hoping for something similar in lengths to RDR: Undead Nightmare.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1

@I_Stay_Puft: there are like, 5 or 6 missions and i finished em, along with the side content (which just consist of beating up crowds of dudes) in like, two hours or less. i just have to visit all of the hell shrines to 100% it

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@AjayRaz said:

@I_Stay_Puft: there are like, 5 or 6 missions and i finished em, along with the side content (which just consist of beating up crowds of dudes) in like, two hours or less. i just have to visit all of the hell shrines to 100% it

yeah, those Hell Shrines are pretty tough since there is no locator map unlock like there was for the collectibles in the main campaign. It took me well over an hour of running around North Point to find them.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

I enjoyed it, it was short but then again it was cheap and another reason to play one of the best games released this year.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BluPotato

Yeah, but I'm stuck on the part where I have to listen to Thundercats outtakes.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By serpentenema

I am probably gonna pick it up when I get paid on wednesday. I beat the game recently, but all I have left to do is steal cars for tran and I still want to play more of this game.

It will add to my collection of open world halloween based dlc.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#22  Edited By alistercat

I had so much fun with it. I wish they had DLC with more super powers.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By serpentenema

@AlisterCat: How do the super powers work in it?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By murisan

Is it as buggy as the DLC suggested? I'm afraid to pay $6 for it since it seems so goddamn buggy haha

Worcanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Worcanna

I didn't have any bugs and i kinda feel part of the few that loved it. :) Not all DLC for halloween has to be RDR length or scope. I think people got into the wrong mind-set of it. It's DLC, not a side-story pack and yes, it does kick you into a different story at the start but thats because they couldn't let you have super powers in the main story. If you use common sense, it works a lot better i think (and if you know a bit about HK horror or b-movies, it gets better)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.