Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Slender: The Eight Pages

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Slender: The Eight Pages is a freeware horror adventure game for PC and MAC that uses the Unity engine and is based on the Slender Man, a fictional cryptid popularized by the Internet.

Slender (Game)

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Branwulf

Has anyone else played this?

I was surprised to be honest, the most frightening part is how fast you run out of breath from sprinting ><

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Fuck this game. I was watching a video of someone else playing it and I was still losing my shit. The guy making the video got to the bathroom (or whatever the hell it is) where it's just a small building with a bunch of really narrow hallways and tight spaces and I told myself "if that fucking monster appears anywhere on screen right now, I'm turning this video off." Me and horror games do not click lol. I literally walked my way through Dead Space 2 with my gun aimed at all times because I found it too stressful otherwise.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

It looks like just another one of those "scare me shit-less" games that have been popping up lately. They offer no depth, no story, just a big area where your objective is to avoid the enemy at all costs.

I wish someone would take it to the next level and actually put some effort into it.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By maginnovision

@ck1nd said:

It looks like just another one of those "scare me shit-less" games that have been popping up lately. They offer no depth, no story, just a big area where your objective is to avoid the enemy at all costs.

I wish someone would take it to the next level and actually put some effort into it.

Amnesias story was pretty.... Awful. I agree 100%. I find it hard to be immersed into nothing but a haunted mansion simulator(even if it's not in a mansion)

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Ace829

This video completely ruined the game for me. I can't imagine myself playing it without bursting out in laughter at random times.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaggE

It gave me two really good jumps (and no actual dread), but to be fair, I find Slenderman cheesy.

SCP-087-B was much better at the "horror microgame" thing. Now that game (as far as walking down stairs is a "game") did tension right.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

i didn't think it was scary at all, and i'm someone who got jump scared by some paper blowing in the wind in Resident Evil 3. maybe it's because i just don't think Slenderman is scary.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

@Hung_2_Long said:

When you're hung like me, fear poses no treat =).

Are you going to be a trouble maker?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

@CaLe said:

@Hung_2_Long said:

When you're hung like me, fear poses no treat =).

Are you going to be a trouble maker?

Uh oh.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Sooperspy

@Ace829 said:

This video completely ruined the game for me. I can't imagine myself playing it without bursting out in laughter at random times.

This was my first exposure to the game earlier today. The game looks kinda interesting.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jayjonesjunior

game only works if you let yourself fall for it.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#12  Edited By Sin4profit

Tried to play it but for some reason the controls don't work...but i can turn the flashlight on and off.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

I just downloaded it........it's pretty terrifying. I hate going around any corner

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrpandaman

This game and the SCP games freak me the hell out.

If it could happen the guys who make the Slenderman, the guys who make the SCP games and the Amnesia guys should all make a horror game, preferably one still based on the SCP stuff.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Clairabel

Yeah, I won't be playing this. I am paranoid enough about the Slenderman without playing a game about it.

I may watch my boyfriend playing it though - if it gets too much then he's on his own. True love.

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By composite

@Redbullet685 said:

@Ace829 said:

This was my first exposure to the game earlier today. The game looks kinda interesting.

This guy sounds like Greg Kasabin, and reminds me of the Skyrim live stream. Just imagine that it is Greg, you will have a much better time.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fang273

It's "Screamer: The Game". The only reason it's scary is because something jumps at you and makes a noise. The game itself is kind of awful. It's only popular because there's a large audience of dumb people who like to watch someone over-exaggerate how scared they are on youtube. Amnesia only got popular for the same reason, but at least it was a game.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arbie

Slenderman is fuunnn! I love horror and being scared. Only, I got to the third page and he caught me. =[ I guess I was supposed to turn the flashlight off, huh? =p

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By maginnovision

After watching the video this seems even worse than I thought it would be.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I kinda want to play it because I was a pretty big Marble Hornets fan... but I also really don't want to play it.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By BaneFireLord

Haven't played it. Will not play it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShadowConqueror

@Ace829: That's hilarious.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By ZombiePie

After getting approval from Jeff himself Slender has now been added to the wiki database.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Sooty

@ck1nd said:

That's kind of the point and a big part of what makes them scary to begin with. Amnesia's story isn't great but the diary pages compliment the game quite well.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kindgineer

@Sooty: I think you're missing the point (as well as has some others) in comparing it to Amnesia. Sadly, the story is a bit lame there, but I think it at least is a step forward rather than sitting at the base. Just thinking about a game as "chilling" as Slender-man and Amnesia with an intriguing story-line really gives me the shivers.

Also, I'm not really chastising the game as much as the ambitions the developers are lacking.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deusx

Please, please, PLEASE, stop playing these shitty games. I hate this new wave of shitty scary games. Every other SCP and creepy pasta based game is so bad. Stop. It isn´t scary AT ALL. Slender is a BAD GAME. So is SCP-89 V1-7 and Containment Breach.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LikeaSsur

@fang273 said:

The only reason it's scary is because something jumps at you and makes a noise.

Except Slender Man doesn't move at all. So....I guess there's that. I mean, if you want to hate on it, go ahead, but at least pick something true about it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

How new is this game? I just heard of it yesterday when I seen this video:

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheHumanDove

So why is everyone shitting on Amnesia in this thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deusx said:

Please, please, PLEASE, stop playing these shitty games. I hate this new wave of shitty scary games. Every other SCP and creepy pasta based game is so bad. Stop. It isn´t scary AT ALL. Slender is a BAD GAME. So is SCP-89 V1-7 and Containment Breach.

You want everyone to stop playing certain games to appease you? Get over yourself. How does it lessen your quality of life if people play something you don't like? It's been said a billion times before in similar situations, if you don't like it, don't read/play/watch it.

RoeTaKa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RoeTaKa

This game freaks me out, especially that bathoom house thing I hate being in there lol. The sound design really pushed the atmosphere forward, otherwise it would seem a bit cheesy. It's not particularly scary after a couple of go's it just...Slender is one creepy dude!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By 234r2we232

@composite said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@Ace829 said:

This guy sounds like Greg Kasabin, and reminds me of the Skyrim live stream. Just imagine that it is Greg, you will have a much better time.

That was a guy? I thought Giant Bomb was streaming paint dry for 12 hours.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By korolev

Look, what the hell is so scary about the Slenderman? Not the game, but the mythological creature? I mean, out of all the modern pop culture monsters, he's the weakest of the bunch. He looks like a slightly out-of-proportion tall guy in a business suit. OOOOOOH! Scary! I mean, come on, he looks like a basketball player-turned tax collector. He looks like a IRS agent. Or a banker. Not a scary monster.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShaggE

@Korolev said:

Look, what the hell is so scary about the Slenderman? Not the game, but the mythological creature? I mean, out of all the modern pop culture monsters, he's the weakest of the bunch. He looks like a slightly out-of-proportion tall guy in a business suit. OOOOOOH! Scary! I mean, come on, he looks like a basketball player-turned tax collector. He looks like a IRS agent. Or a banker. Not a scary monster.

I'm with ya. Fear is subjective, of course, and I'm not passing any sort of judgment on those who do get freaked out by him, but I just can't see Slenderman's appeal. The omnipresent stalker character has been done many times and better, and the suit is just silly. This all-powerful creature that kills/controls/whatevers people by existing at them and making them cough has to be dressed immaculately at all times, without so much as a crooked tie? Did he come from the Armani dimension? Did he travel back in time nude, find a Big & Tall, start a fight and steal some clothes, then drive off to protect John Connor (and by "protect", I mean "exist at him until he coughs")?

Don't get me wrong, I like the various Youtube series based on him, but he's about as scary as Freddy Krueger post-merchandise boom.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@TheHumanDove said:

So why is everyone shitting on Amnesia in this thread?

Haters.

Amnesia was awesome. Yes, you can take any horror medium and turn it into a big pile of shit by spoiling the "hook" of the premise. I heard about Amnesia, downloaded it before watching any videos, played it in the dark w/ headphones, and it scared the living shit out of me on multiple occasions. Same with Slender, but for different reasons.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By darkvare

i actually thought slender man was a different version of indrid cold i was dissapointed and i find nothing about this game scariy in the lease

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By supermonkey122
    Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Residentrevil2

I finally decided to play this game because a friend recommended it. I will never play the game again. Period. I would love to see Brad play the game. Breaking Brad: Slender Brad... Seeing Brad trying to collect the eight pages would be amusing.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@ck1nd said:

I had the same thought after seeing it. Making this sort of game has zero replayability, and nothing to hold onto in terms of story, disturbing moments, or conflict, it's just "oh crap somethings over there, im going to hide." the entire game. Hiding horror games sound cool in theory, but when I actually see one, it's clear it's shallow in terms of gameplay and genuine scares. So my point is, after the initial scare, it's no longer surprising, because you just learned the games tricks, and seeming slender is so bare bones, seeing the slender man for the first time might as well be the only time, because there will be nothing new for the game to showcase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played Slender after hearing so much about it, Amnesia scared the shit out of me, Slender did not.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By benpicko

@Bucketdeth said:

Played Slender after hearing so much about it, Amnesia scared the shit out of me, Slender did not.

Exact opposite for me. Amnesia wasn't scary at all. Slender made me nearly literally shit myself.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Korolev said:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets/videos?sort=dd&view=0&page=3

Start at the introduction and keep going from there.

I'm so sorry to do this to you.

Avatar image for captainspinifex
    captainspinifex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnqWrfwpEe0

Turns out it scared the shit out of me! I played Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs just before but this was much worse!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.