Alignment: Good (Formerly Evil)
Species: Cyborg (Formerly Human)
Allies: Kuai Liang (Sub Zero), Formerly with Bi Han ( Noob Saibot)
Smoke was once a ninja not unlike that of Sub-Zero. Smoke and the young Sub-Zero were close friends and members of the Lin Kuei clan. Smoke and Sub-Zero were sent to Outworld to assassinate Shang Tsung. Their assassination attempt failed and when they returned to the Lin Kuei they discovered that their clan was converting their best warriors into cyborgs.Their clanmates Sektor and Cyrax had already been converted. Smoke and Sub-Zero attempt to escape but Smoke was captured and converted to cyborg LK- 7T2.
Smoke was then programmed to hunt Sub-Zero and either kill him or capture him and bring him back to be converted to cyborg. Smoke has followed Sub-Zero to Mortal Kombat tournaments but was unable to capture or kill him. Sub-Zero convinces Smoke that he still has a soul and he and Sub-Zero destroy Sektor and Cyrax but in the process Smoke is also damaged. Smokes shell is taken to Shao Kahn's torture chamber where he was left until Noob Saibot discovers him and reactivates him. In different endings of games Smoke turns on Noob and in other endings he helps Noob.
Mortal Kombat (2011)
The retelling of the original trilogy through the visions that MK1 Raiden receives features human Smoke. His appearance differs as he doesn't wear the complete ninja garment revealing his smoke-like grey hair. In this version of the timeline, Raiden uses his visions to rescue Smoke from the Lin Kuei that attempt to capture him for cyborg conversion, allowing him to retain his humanity.
Smoke is captured by a ninja clan, turned into a cyborg, and ordered to kill his former friend, Sub-Zero, who happened to escape capture. While attempting to seek out his old ally, Smoke comes to the realization that his soul remains in-tact upon spotting one of Shao Kahn's henchman tailing him and defeats Shao Kahn. Although Smoke saves the world, he's also become stuck forever in his cybernetic body.
Smoke escapes his robotic body, retreats into the forest to study the fighting styles of his rivals: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile.
Smoke and Sub-Zero attempt to escape when Lin Kuei automates his ninjas. Sub-Zero gets free, but Smoke is captured, and turned into a cyborg, with no possibility of returning to his human form.
Noob Saibot plans on using Smoke's design to create a horde of robot demons once they arrive in the Netherrealm. Noob notices his younger brother, Sub-Zero, is following them and remembers a time when he would've been strong enough to take him on. But his brother had become too strong. As the newly instated ruler of the Netherrealm, Noob orders Smoke to aide him in eliminating Sub-Zero.
Through the power of Blaze, reproducing microscopic machines overtake Smoke's body, multiplying at such a rate they overwhelm all of Edenia, as the realm becomes a gigantic mass of gray sentient material called Smoke.
Although Smoke has slain Shao Kahn, his memories were taken. In his past life, Tomas Vrbada was sacrificed to a demon by a sinister cult, but he came back as an Enenra. With his new powers, Vrbada slew the cultists. Now having discovered his past, Smoke's destiny has been revealed.
In Mortal Kombat II Smoke can be seen in the Living Forest stage where he can be seen peeking out from behind trees from time to time. The only way to fight against smoke was to uppercut someone in The Portal stage if Dan Forden comes out of the right corner of the screen and says toasty you press start and your taken to Goro's Lair where you fight Smoke. In MK 2, Smoke is basically just a gray colored Scorpion but with faster moves.
The only way to play as Cyborg Smoke in Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade Version) is by putting in the following code when you see the "Ultimate Kombat Kode" screen after the "Game Over" screen. Note that this code only needs to be entered one time per machine, and then Smoke will be permanently selectable. Press High Punch once, Block 9 times, and High Kick twice on the first player's joystick. Press High Punch twice, Low Punch twice, Block twice, Low Kick 3 times, and High Kick 4 times on the second player joystick. This is also known as "1-0-9-0-2-2-2-2-3-4". The "?" in the middle of the character selection screen will now become Smoke.
Cybrog Smoke is unlockable from the start of the game. But to play as Human Smoke when you pick Cyborg Smoke you press and hold Back, High Punch, High Kick, Block, Run. One should note that many consider Human Smoke to be a better character than Cyborg Smoke. This is often shown with Human Smoke's ability to make some of the best combos in the game.
Smoke is a playable character in the 2011 Mortal Kombat . Smoke along with his fellow Lin Kuei enter the Outworld in search of answers on how the newly named Sub Zeros brother was killed.
- Spear - Smoke shoots a spear out of his chest compartment and pulls his opponent to him.
- Teleport Punch - Smoke falls out of the bottom of the screen and reappears below his opponent uppercutting them into the air.
- Air Throw - Smoke catches his opponent and throws them back to the ground
- Invisibility- Smoke disappears into a puff of Smoke
- Spear - Smoke throws a kunai attached to a rope at his opponent and pulls them to him
- Teleport Punch - Smoke goes off the screen and comes into the screen from the other side and punches his opponent
- Air Throw - Smoke catches his opponent in the air and throws them back to the ground.
- Stinky Cloud - Smoke dodges back, leaving a cloud of black smoke in his former position, which chokes the opponent if they get caught in it.
- Stinky Fingers - Smoke waves his hands and a cloud of smoke is summoned a sweep away, which chokes the opponent if they are in its path.
- Play Dead - Smoke falls flat on his back and vanishes in a puff of smoke then reappears behind the opponent.
- Robo-Punch - Smoke dashes forward doing a straight punch. He did this move together with Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat: Deception, as a part of Noob-Smoke.
- Smokey Cut - Smoke falls out of the bottom of the screen and reappears below his opponent uppercutting them into the air.
- End Of The World - Smoke drops a large amount of bombs onto the ground the screen pulls back to a view of Earth and it blows up
- Eat A Bomb - Smoke drops a large grenade into his opponents mouth and they blow up.
- Animality - Smoke turns into a bull and gores his opponent.
- Friendship- A big truck horn comes out of Smoke's chest and blows.
- Teleport Punch - Smoke does his teleport punch but when he hits his opponent his head explodes
- Physical Exam - Smoke disappears and his opponent stretches out until he explodes
- "Where there is Smoke, there is fire!"
- "Sleep well, princess"
- "Stay down"
- "Assuming his form will not give you his skill, shapeshifter!"
- "Now answer me! What do you know of Sub-Zero's death?!"
- "You actually did it... You're a cyborg!"
- "I will never submit!"
- "You will come no closer!"
- "He is my friend... What they did to him, it is hideous!"