Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sniper: Art Of Victory

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 16, 2008

Sniper: Art of Victory is a first-person shooter focused on sniping.

A Game I Don't Recommend: Sniper Art of Victory

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Edited By BlackRedGaming
    No Caption Provided

Some games age like a fine wine. As the years roll on, we think of these games as classics and hold nostalgia for the game near and dear to our hearts. Sniper Art of Victory is not one of those games. Even if I did play this game at the time of release, I would not have any good thoughts with this game.

I don't even know where to begin. When it comes to games I dislike, I can usually find some redeeming quality to the game that doesn't make me hate it. With this game, I can't really find one. Anywhere from the length of the game to the graphics, I cannot find one good thing to say about the game. So why not talk about all of the bad things.

The game is criminally short, clocking in for me at around two hours. I know that some games clock in at around this time, but for an FPS sniping game, I expected more. I guess the length is due to the whopping eight levels in the game whose entire level is based around an objective that could be implemented as a very minor side thing to do in a Call of Duty campaign. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. This is the least of its problems considering that the length is somewhat forgiven by its three dollar price tag.

The completion time may be short, but don't let that fool you into believing the game is easy. No, this game is tough...for all of the wrong reasons. The sniper rifle hardly ever worked, with the bullet sometimes landing where you wanted it to land. The secondary weapons hardly ever worked, with these bullets having an even lesser chance at hitting your target, and constant glitches that just made life harder. Although the glitches did make me laugh when I see the driver of a truck in a t-pose coming to pick me up. And going back to the weapons, the amount of weapons in the game is laughable. The most variety in your weapons are the sniper rifles, which their are two, maybe three that are all the same other than a slightly different skin. But some of this was made a bit easier by the terrible enemy ai.

This game released in 2008?
    This game released in 2008?

For awhile, I looked at these bad aspects and more and told myself 'well, the game is old so I guess that excuses the bad parts of the game.' I told myself this because I thought the game was released in the early 2000s because of its terrible dialogue and bad graphics. Then I started writing this and found out that this game released in 2008. Are you kidding me? All this time I thought the game was close to release along side the first Half Life, but it instead was released around the time or later than such games as F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Battlefield: Bad Company, and others. Watching textures pop in a cutscene is one thing, but knowing that this game is as old as Dead Space makes it unforgivable.

This game is a mess that shouldn't even be on the Steam store. I have played a lot of games over the years, but few of the games I have played have ever reached a level of quality this low. And now I can't even blame the level of quality on its age, which leaves me clueless as to how this game got to the market. I can think of better things to do with three dollars, like burning it for warmth in Death Valley during the day or put the money into downloading more RAM. Unless you hate yourself a lot or a Youtube channel whose entire premise is to play bad video games, Sniper Art of Victory is a game I do not recommend.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I get that its a bad game but not really why based of your conclusion that it would be an ok game for the Half life era. 2hour long, low diversity of weapons, texture pop-in and bad AI are all present in 2017 AAA releases.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.