Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

Sound off on the Socom 4 Beta

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sagesebas

I loved the first Socom game, never played online, and haven't touched a Socom game since then. Last night I downloaded the Beta and played with some friends and for the most part it was really fun. Playing as the bomb diffuser feels good, as you are slower but you can take more hits. There were several moments were I was slowly creeping towards the bomb to try and end the match, and at the last second I would get smoked, being successful as the bomb diffuser could potentially feel very rewarding. I do have some other problems, and how much can be attributed to the game itself I am not sure. For instance the last round I got stuck on a team that had 3 people while the other team had 6, it made the match a damn massacre. I am hopefully gunna play more tonight.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Yeah, I am liking it as well. Never played the previous Socom games, so i didn't really know what to expect when i jumped into it. Nice variety of weapons to choose from, good looking graphics and fun gameplay. Cover system could be smoother, but otherwise i say thumbs up.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'm really enjoying it, haven't played a socom since the ps2 days.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Yeah, I'm just not feeling it.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sagesebas
    @extremeradical:  What about it?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald
    @sagesebas said:
    " @extremeradical:  What about it? "
    Nothing in particular, it's just not grabbing me.
    vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By vinnylegs
    @extremeradical said:
    " @sagesebas said:
    " @extremeradical:  What about it? "
    Nothing in particular, it's just not grabbing me. "
    Same with me, It's not bad......it's just lacking the thing that makes me go holey shit this is awesome. I'll just wait for uncharted 3....
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I like it, it's the first game I've played on the PS3 that I've thought, yea I could play a couple of matches of this quite regularly.  I like the progression system but it does discourage you from using new weapons as you won't have the upgrades you've got yourself with the old guns.  I like the mode I've played, they seem to work quite well with the gameplay encouraging a sort of back and forth push but spawn camping is a huge problem.  

I've been killed by a guy sitting looking at the spawn point a number of times, I would be nice to see some sort of automatic radar range around your base so near by enemies show up if they're just sat there waiting for you to spawn.  If they added that I'd probably preorder but as I am I think I'll leave it until I see some reviews and or a sale.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sagesebas
    @IncredibleBulk92:  Yeah the game also looks fantastic, I would personally take out the melee.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.