Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

What reason most people say this game suck?

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

What reason most people say this game suck? all i hear is because it dont have the game modes that older socom have. if so thats not qualify to say it is suck just cause you dont like changes. its like you eat banana then you go eat cucumber and you say cucumber suck cause you eat banana first. you dont like changes in taste.

another reason i heard is no server list. thats it? so what! we not playing 2003 pc game anymore. letting the game automatically match for us is the future and hassle free no need to waste time going through list. system matching for us also gathers people together no need to wait for people to create a game. what? you want to play with someone you know only? well video game is not for you then. go play with your school buddies instead like play basketball or something. the world of online video game is all about kicking strangers ass and be the best and kicking strangers help you join a clan and make friends if you love friends. you cant just make friends out of your already friend.

and another reason is bugs.... but that dont qualify as fun factor impression. fun factor only counts for the core gameplay not bugs, server list, interface ect..

and another reason i hear is co op. what so bad about co op? i dont know about you but i ignore co op in every game. fuck co op.

another reason is bland story. come on who the fuck plays a multiplayer versus focus game for the story?

i have not play this game yet but from what i see i am digging it. look so fun. i encourage people to review the game from its versus multiplayer and core gameplay stand point.. not changes that they dont like and not story ect.....

i want to make an experimental by having a person that never plays any socom games before and play socom 4 and see if she likes it cause that is the way of legit impression/review.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

I was actually excited for it, but when I played the full game it just came off as a generic third-person shooter. Nothing great.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

I'm very well aware now that I only really liked Socom 1&2 because it was the only thing quite like it online for PS2 at the time...

Socom 4 did very little to evolve the series

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @AnnouncerGXZ said:

if so thats not qualify to say it is suck just cause you dont like changes. its like you eat banana then you go eat cucumber and you say cucumber suck cause you eat banana first. you dont like changes in taste.

Interdasting
    Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I almost want to tell you to type in your native language, and I'll just use google translator.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@AnnouncerGXZ said:

and another reason is bugs.... but that dont qualify as fun factor impression. fun factor only counts for the core gameplay not bugs, server list, interface ect..

I don't know about you, but I didn't enjoy having to endure 2 hours of;

"install patch"

"connecting to update servers"

"downloading update 1/4 - 2% done."

*CRASH*

reboot.

"Data corrupted, try again?"

deleting all game data

"install patch!"

"connecting to update servers"

"downloading update 1/4 - 1% done."

*CRASH*

reboot.

Delete game data.

Same procedure, this time it got to 98%. CRASH. Delete game data. It finally gets to update 2/4, and crashes. Same shit all over again, but at the ... I don't know? I think well past 10th attempt, it finally worked.

And no, it's not my PS3, looking at the PlayStation Network forums, a lot of other people have had the same issues, though many seem to have been lucky and got it to work at the 2nd or 3rd attempts.

Once I finally got into the game, yeah, I guess it's decent. Played a little of the singleplayer campaign and it seems good so far. Unlike in SOCOM Confrontation, it seems like the people playing the multiplayer aren't massive jerks kicking you off the game as soon as you connect, and the shooting seemed alright there too, but it looked like the graphics were way worse in mp than in singleplayer. And I mean way worse, like it might have been released long before MAG. The menus weren't very intuitive either.

I haven't even had any problems like these with Bethesda's games on PS3.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By X19

You need to watch these.

Edit: Oh shit this threads old XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.