Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Solid Snake

Character » appears in 46 games

Solid Snake is the main protagonist in a number of the Metal Gear games. An expert in infiltration and espionage, Snake has completed countless missions and is repeatedly tasked with disarming the latest incarnation of Metal Gear. He is voiced by David Hayter in the English versions, Akio Ohtsuka in Japanese.

Snake, a Hero? More Like a Monster

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By unworthyBOZO
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Snake is cool. There are moments though when he can be a dick, but over all I would say he is an alright guy.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver
    c1337us said:
    "Snake is cool. There are moments though when he can be a dick, but over all I would say he is an alright guy."
    Yeah totally, I think he'd make a terrific drinking buddy.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    DualReaver said:
    "c1337us said:
    "Snake is cool. There are moments though when he can be a dick, but over all I would say he is an alright guy."
    Yeah totally, I think he'd make a terrific drinking buddy."
    He totes every kind of gun known to man, and you wanna give him ALCOHOL!?!

I didn't read the article because I plan on getting MGS4 eventually, but this is all thanks to GTA4 in my eyes. Ohh look, we have a human character that's just caught up in the rat race of life. FINE. On the other hand, we have a clone who is also an effective killing machine that doesn't really care about emotions. Oh Oh Oh! I wanna play as that one!

Nico Bellic is a good movie character. Snake is a good game character. Nico Bellic is not a good game character, at least that's how I see it.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DualReaver
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "c1337us said:
    Yeah totally, I think he'd make a terrific drinking buddy."
    He totes every kind of gun known to man, and you wanna give him ALCOHOL!?!"
    So do I, so I figure we'll get drunk than go stick our shotguns in some ant hills.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

I reckon Snake can hold his liquor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kombo? Lol.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Demilich
    c1337us said:
    "I reckon Snake can hold his liquor."
    Well he was "holed up in Alaska, drinking too much".
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hazelnutman

Monster? More like awesome badass.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Kombo? Lol."
    I think there first mistake was thinking that we saw Snake as a hero......I mean if you've played the game you know the line I'm talking about.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    c1337us said:
    I have a feeling you didn't even read the article.

And after reading that article, I kind of agree.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atejas

I think Solid Snake is a MONSTER, eh KILLS PEOPLE PAINFULLY, and doesnt afraid of anything.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Otacon

Hmm. I agree in parts, but others not so much. Snake is torn apart inside by his apparent paternicide. he is an anti hero, but he is compassionate, we also have to remember that he is a video game character and so needs to be able to do what is optional in the video game, kill. I could think to myself, 'wow, i've just killed 100 people in Uncharted, Nathan Drake is a monster' but I don't because concessions still need to be made for a video game. David Hayter has spoken out about Snake, saying that he would be a very quiet man in real life, dealing with who he is. Snake could come across as a monster, and in the game he see's himself as one, but that doesn't mean Kojima intended us to unknowingly care about a monster.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By chililili
    Otacon said:
    "Hmm. I agree in parts, but others not so much. Snake is torn apart inside by his apparent paternicide. he is an anti hero, but he is compassionate, we also have to remember that he is a video game character and so needs to be able to do what is optional in the video game, kill. I could think to myself, 'wow, i've just killed 100 people in Uncharted, Nathan Drake is a monster' but I don't because concessions still need to be made for a video game. David Hayter has spoken out about Snake, saying that he would be a very quiet man in real life, dealing with who he is. Snake could come across as a monster, and in the game he see's himself as one, but that doesn't mean Kojima intended us to unknowingly care about a monster."
    Yeah and there's never a single Snake. htere are an infinite amount of Snakes. I mean compare when a guy plays through the entire game and kills everyone vs. the guy who sneaked through the entire game and jsut used tranquilizers! Those two snakes would be completely differnet people.
    Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Liono88

For me the article fails in making Snake sound like a monster....Just makes him sound more badass if that possible..

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By atejas

If nothing else, this has cleared up my doubts that the Japanese cant make deep cahracters(by deep I mean ambivalent, not "I've got issues but I'm a really sweet guy")

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thelastguy
    hazelnutman said:
    "Monster? More like awesome badass."
    and we have a winner!
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By DrPepper1990
    thelastguy said:
    "hazelnutman said:
    "Monster? More like awesome badass."
    and we have a winner!"

Winner? More like a MONSTAR!
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Patchinko

That would work except that Snake can get through his missions after MGS1 without killing anyone.

Also, is this an old work up of Old Snake or something? Where'd the full beard come from?

Someone get Snake a razor.
    Someone get Snake a razor.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's so insanely wrong... If you were playing the game the way Kojima intended you to play it, you can go through all of the games without firing a single lethal shot. As for the grabs, they can be as lethal or as un-lethal as you want them to be. You can just knock them out instead of killing them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is fan made lol.

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheWesman

Interesting article about a fictional character.  What I find interesting is that MGS is one of the few series that IF you are good enough, you don't have to kill ANYONE for the entire game.  Apparently, the guy that wrote this murdered everyone he came across, and slowly at that.  What I saw in Snake was different, I see a guy that's been told his whole life that he was "built" for one thing: War.  You take someone that mentally trained and try to put them in social situations, and they don't fit in! 

Ah well, I guess that's enough ranting about ol' Snake.  May he rest in peace.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By somesthetic

more like a fictional character in a videogame whose actions you have control over.

snake would never call himself a hero anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

somesthetic said:
    "more like a fictional character in a videogame whose actions you have control over.

snake would never call himself a hero anyways."
    It's the japanese way.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Patchinko
    Sentry said:
    "That is fan made lol."
    Yeah, I find it funny that site has it on their front page for that article!
    MvmntInGrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MvmntInGrn

This is about right.

TheWesman said:

"Interesting article about a fictional character.  What I find interesting is that MGS is one of the few series that IF you are good enough, you don't have to kill ANYONE for the entire game.  Apparently, the guy that wrote this murdered everyone he came across, and slowly at that.  What I saw in Snake was different, I see a guy that's been told his whole life that he was "built" for one thing: War.  You take someone that mentally trained and try to put them in social situations, and they don't fit in! 

Ah well, I guess that's enough ranting about ol' Snake.  May he rest in peace."

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten

If those so called "facts" makes people monsters, then I am a monster too.
    Kinda like that idea tho'.
    Down with the lovey dovey heroes who throws flowers around and run around naked eating nothing but salad and junk.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Quadrifoglio

"Aight fuck boy listen up,don't diss kojima,he is da man!! Now onto da real shit,first off kno u'r info,there was no master miller,he was dead,so u can't say he was goin for rex stupid,and as far as callin snake a killer,yea it maybe true,but thas the point,all video game characters are,even the pussys like mario and master chief,nobody gives them shit tho??? I wonder why?? cause there stories are fantasies thas why!!! Speakin of killing,its the person behind the controller that gives snake his killer instinct,kojima made it a point to make it so that to get the highest rank is to not kill anyone or be seen...?? Gee that doesn't sound like a killer to me,death in the game is a result to weither or not the human in control wants to kill or not?? dispite the fact the games have made snake a cold blooded killer dosen't change the fact that most of what u see in the game is what u deside to do,kill or not.As far as snakes aligence goes,nobody was good nor evil in the metal gear series,there were a billion diffrent ideals from many diffrent characters which all had there up sides and evil tendencies,no plain ol' good and evil like most games.Thats the beauty of kojima's work!!!! Hope the ones that read this see that this clown who wrote the article is to subjective and is clearly one sided,so jus keep an open mind when it comes to metal gear,peace"

This is an actual comment from the article. Made me laugh a lot.

Buzzer_Beater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Buzzer_Beater
    LiquidPrince said:
    "That's so insanely wrong... If you were playing the game the way Kojima intended you to play it, you can go through all of the games without firing a single lethal shot. As for the grabs, they can be as lethal or as un-lethal as you want them to be. You can just knock them out instead of killing them."
    LOL lethal kills are way cooler.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Buzzer_Beater said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "That's so insanely wrong... If you were playing the game the way Kojima intended you to play it, you can go through all of the games without firing a single lethal shot. As for the grabs, they can be as lethal or as un-lethal as you want them to be. You can just knock them out instead of killing them."
    LOL lethal kills are way cooler."
    Maybe, but not mandatory =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.