Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOMA

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A horror game from Frictional Games. Set at the bottom of the ocean, it explores themes of the self, humanity, the mind, and consciousness.

Am I thinking of SOMA or a different game?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Sorry this is sort of a lame question but I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I could have sworn a year or so ago there was a press conference or something where they showed a trailer of a game that ended in like a white looking sterile lobby where a computer AI starts talking a bit. It looked like a game set on a space station. I could have sworn up and down it was made by the Amnesia people which would mean the game I saw was SOMA. But looking back at trailers for SOMA, especially release trailers, are nothing like the one I'm remembering. So I'm wondering what that trailer was to, or if it was actually a trailer for SOMA and I'm just missing something.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whitegreyblack
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

That was SOMA, one of the earliest teaser trailers was set in a sterile Portal-esque room with a computer terminal. At that point most assumed the game was set in space - the underwater setting wasn't revealed until a few months later.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

The other possibility is Routine? That game looked fantastic two years ago and hasn't been seen since :(.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By matatat

@whitegreyblack: Hah, yeah that is totally what it was. Guess it wasn't a white room exactly, nor was it an AI.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: Close enough! I knew what you were describing right away.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair as pointed out, there was a couple months where everyone just assumed Soma took place in space with what they were showing of the game, and I think most people agree that it's something they shouldn't have actually gotten out there and revealed in promotional stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.