Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Generations

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

Old school and new school collide in this 20th Anniversary celebration of the Sonic franchise.

My 360 plays it off the disc, even though it's installed.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nemt

Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a 360 S and I have the release day patch installed.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

How long did you stay and listen to it? It's supposed to run off the disc for the first few minutes now as part of some ant-piracy thing.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nemt

Really? I'll let it run for a while then and see.

It's pretty annoying though, it seems like most newer games are WAY louder in the drive for some reason, including SG.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

@nemt said:

Really? I'll let it run for a while then and see.

It's pretty annoying though, it seems like most newer games are WAY louder in the drive for some reason, including SG.

I had this exact reaction when I started playing Gears 3, it stopped sounding like a jet engine for me after a few minutes.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FritzDude

I believe it's for every new game that uses the XGD3 disc format. It stops spinning after a brief minute or so.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nemt

@FritzDude said:

I believe it's for every new game that uses the XGD3 disc format. It stops spinning after a brief minute or so.

I'm not sure if that's more relieving or annoying. Now I almost wish the game were glitched and not running off the hdd.

Thanks for the info.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jozzy

Microsoft really wants us to buy a (quiet) slim. They should be proud that I am 2+ years in with my oldschool elite without having any serious issues! (besides not recognizing a disk sometimes)

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I noticed this every time I play Dark Souls - the disc spins for 60-120 seconds. 

However, the older formatted Qubed Collection, runs off the disc even if installed, never stops spinning.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nemt

@jozzy said:

Microsoft really wants us to buy a (quiet) slim. They should be proud that I am 2+ years in with my oldschool elite without having any serious issues! (besides not recognizing a disk sometimes)

There's no such thing as a 360 Slim. The new model is called the 360 S, which is what I'm using - and it still has a loud drive depending on the game in it.

Also two years is hardly an impressive lifespan for high end electronics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.