Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 02, 1994

Play as Sonic or Tails to chase down Doctor Robotnik/Eggman once again. This time Sonic must also face a new enemy, Knuckles the Echidna.

Micheal Jackson Worked On Sonic 3

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

It's finally been confirmed that Micheal Jackson helped with some of the games music.  Brad Buxer who composed the games music has stated so in the latest issue of Black & White, which dedicates it's latest issue to the star. 

Black & White: Can you clarify the rumour that Michael had in 1993 composed the music for Sonic 3 video game, for which you have been credited? 

Brad Buxer
    : I've never played the game so I do not know what tracks the developer kept from what Michael and I both worked on, but we did compose music for the game. Michael called me at the time for help on this project, and that's what I did. And if he is not credited for composing the music, it's because he was not happy with the resulting sound coming out of the console. At the time, game consoles did not allow for optimal sound reproduction, and Michael found it frustrating. He did not want to be associated with a product that devalued his music... 

Black & White: One of the surprising things in this soundtrack is that you can hear chords featured in Stranger in Moscow, which was supposed to have been composed later. 

Brad Buxer: Yes, Michael and I had composed those chords for the game, and it has been used as base for Stranger in Moscow.  

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3511
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

My friend told me about this a couple of days ago. Now I feel bad for thinking he was having me on. Nonetheless, that's a pretty awesome little tidbit of video game trivia right there...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

If they ever make a HD remake, Sega should improve the audio to a level he would have been happy to put his name on. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Would they not have to re-record it though considering that they'd probably only have kept the final files. Going of that, do you think they could clean it up to a level that would have sounded "real".
    Although someone somewhere might have the recordings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.