When did Sonic "Jump the Shark" for you?

Avatar image for asurastrike
#1 Edited by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -

To me, the Sonic series died after the release of Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. SA2 was the last great Sonic game, and then they came out with Sonic Heroes for the Gamecube and introduced like 5 new annoying characters and didn't let you play just as Sonic.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for kou_leifoh
#2 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -

Don't listen to some of the people, Sonic Unleashed is a good game.

Avatar image for agentj
#3 Posted by AgentJ (8995 posts) -

Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure. 

Avatar image for asurastrike
#4 Posted by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :(
Avatar image for cooldrmoney
#5 Posted by CoolDrMoney (2018 posts) -

The minute Sonic 3 & Knuckles concluded. The original Sonic Adventure was exciting in its day, but it never came close to the Genesis trilogy. Sonic Heroes was the point where it became apparent that there is little hope.

Sonic Rush was a great surprise though.

Avatar image for agentj
#6 Posted by AgentJ (8995 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :( "
No, I mean he literally jumped over a Killer Whale
Avatar image for asurastrike
#7 Posted by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :( "
No, I mean he literally jumped over a Killer Whale
"
Yeah I remember that, but I thought you were using it to say SA was when the series died. :P
Avatar image for buzz_clik
#8 Posted by buzz_clik (7505 posts) -
@CoolDrMoney: Save for the fact I've played neither Heroes or Rush, I couldn't agree more.
Moderator
Avatar image for asurastrike
#9 Posted by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @CoolDrMoney: Save for the fact I've played neither Heroes or Rush, I couldn't agree more. "
Heroes makes you play as 3 characters at the same time, and you basically have to switch between the 3 in order to get over certain walls, beat certain enemies, etc.
Avatar image for hailinel
#10 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Sonic Adventure 2 was just bad.  Or rather, the Sonic/Shadow segments were fun, but the Tails/Eggman bits were mindless.  The absolute worst, however, and what ruined the rest of the game was hunting for Chaos Emeralds with Knuckles and Rouge.  So aggravating I wanted to microwave the game disc.

Avatar image for agentj
#11 Posted by AgentJ (8995 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :( "
No, I mean he literally jumped over a Killer Whale
"
Yeah I remember that, but I thought you were using it to say SA was when the series died. :P "
Honestly I haven't played any of the console Sonic games since Adventure 2, so i haven't played a bad Sonic game yet : ) Dark Brotherhood and Rush are great!
Avatar image for asurastrike
#12 Posted by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Sonic Adventure 2 was just bad.  Or rather, the Sonic/Shadow segments were fun, but the Tails/Eggman bits were mindless.  The absolute worst, however, and what ruined the rest of the game was hunting for Chaos Emeralds with Knuckles and Rouge.  So aggravating I wanted to microwave the game disc. "
That I agree with. It should have just been Sonic and Shadow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.