Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 14, 2008

Sonic Unleashed is two different Sonic titles released in 2008 across four consoles. Both titles feature high-speed Sonic stages, slower-paced "Werehog" levels, and town hubs where players must progress through the story.

Should Sonis be an episodic series?

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Labbo94

I actually really enjoyed the old-school, frantic, speed blurring action segments of Sonic Unleashed, but the Werehog levels were annoying, slow, and clumsy beat-em up breaks between the action that ruined the game for me.

When directly asked why Sega chose to put these sequences in, they responded that when Sonic's size, speed, and level sizes were combined into data it would be impossible to make a game with more than an hour or two of straight gameplay. There's just too much size, they said.

So my question is, am I the only one who would support a saga of downloadable Sonic adventures? This game is great for short bursts of play, and most levels have plenty of replayability.... So why not post them up at certain intervals for download? I'm fed up with all of this childish filler being stuffed into otherwise quality games. 
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Yes, you are the only one who would support a "saga of downloadable Sonic adventures." For such a big fan, I'm surprised you misspelled Sonic in the title. Also, I probably would have bought this game if there was no Werehog.

Avatar image for capncloudchaser
    CapnCloudchaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CapnCloudchaser

The 'filler' stuff is pretty much there to lengthen the gameplay experience within the 3D incarnations, and to also keep up with the demand for longer, more complex games. I honestly think that people would have enjoyed the Werehog stages more if it was Knuckles, and instead of super stretchy arms, Knuckles would glide across platforms or something similar.

Honestly speaking, who here would love a Sonic game that was just the daytime stages of Unleashed? Nothing in between?

I think they could probably extend the daytime stages if they varied it with levels that focussed more on platform or combat between all the running. The Shamar stage had some nice platforming bits where you had to slow down for them, for example jumping on moving platforms across spikes etc. That was very reminiscent of older Sonic games for me, so if they included more of that, things that slowed Sonic down, then it would extend the daytime stages a bit more. Course, they would need to tweak the controls a fair bit too, as Sonic himself is rather slipperly at times.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By JonathanMoore

Just daytime stages, and Ill be won over.

-- God Bless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.