Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 14, 2008

Sonic Unleashed is two different Sonic titles released in 2008 across four consoles. Both titles feature high-speed Sonic stages, slower-paced "Werehog" levels, and town hubs where players must progress through the story.

Sonic Unleashed GI review....

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ColMustard

...and the verdict is...

6.0 360
    6.5 Wii

How the holy hell can this franchise be such shit... This game looks awesome, but alas another peanut turd.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ColMustard
    dcpc10 said:
    "i guess it was expected...."
    Yeah your right, but this one actually looked like it may have been the one to turn the corner...
    Game Informer likes giving out unnecessarily high scores too... 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush
    ColMustard said:
    "How the holy hell can this franchise be such shit... This game looks awesome, but alas another peanut turd."
    Maybe the game is awesome...you think the game looks awesome but immediately turn your shoulder after one review, not to mention the fact that you haven't actually played the game yourself.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

It looked good until I found out about the stupid Were-Sonic crap. Just give me a 3D sonic in a 2D plane damn it...

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

6.5 is still exceeding my expectations. I hope all 6.5 of those hard earned points were for the Hideki Naganuma soundtrack i've been so eagerly awaiting and had no game been attached to such musical brilliance, it would have got a straight up 10.

JazzyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JazzyNYC

IGN gave the WII and PS2 version a 7.2.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010

The bigger surprise is that that the Wii version scored higher.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dalai

I glanced at the IGN review and the problem lies in the nighttime sections... daytime is supposedly pretty awesome, but Sonic as a werehog is too damn slow and ruins the game.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    Dalai said:
    "I glanced at the IGN review and the problem lies in the nighttime sections... daytime is supposedly pretty awesome, but Sonic as a werehog is too damn slow and ruins the game."
    But we all knew that already right? I mean, common sense says that Sega would throw that in there and make a mediocre beat em up that feels totally out of place.

I think most of us expected very little after hearing about the werewolf. It's just a shame that after two pretty disappointing games, or arguably even 5-6, Sega still doesn't get it.

Edit: Regardless of the scores it receives.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Dalai said:
    "I glanced at the IGN review and the problem lies in the nighttime sections... daytime is supposedly pretty awesome, but Sonic as a werehog is too damn slow and ruins the game."
    Yeah, that's right. Do you have anymore excuses for why Sonic just isn't as awesome as you wish he was?
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Where is it? Where is it........ah, here it is!

Ah hem, I'll never be fooled again!

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ThomasP

Damn. That sucks. I was hoping for the best. Still going to give it a rent.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    LiquidPrince said:
    "It looked good until I found out about the stupid Were-Sonic crap. Just give me a 3D sonic in a 2D plane damn it..."
    BINGO!  The videos that someone put up a few days ago got me all giddy, because it was almost exactly what I would've wanted:  the Chaos Emerald pipe hidden level point of view that switches back into the 2D plane like Klonoa.  It's the perfect way to make a Sonic game.
    All you've gotta do is have that + good obstacles and platforming + fast as fuck + kick ass end bosses.  That's all.  I don't know why the fuck Sega finds it so hard to do that!!!
    elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By elbow

LOL

If GI gives a game that bad a rating... the people at Sega should go to a bomb shelter with the amount of pain that's coming their way.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clarke0

I don't care much for Game Informer but this is about what I expected.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Dalai
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Dalai said:
    Yeah, that's right. Do you have anymore excuses for why Sonic just isn't as awesome as you wish he was?"
    I think the excuses ran out over 2 years ago... Sonic is pretty much a lost cause unless Sega decides to put him on hiatus for a good 5-10 years.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JohnDudebro

TAKE THIS FUCKING FRANCHISE AWAY FROM SONIC TEAM.

I know they're named after the character and everything, but they have done nothing but ruin it. Dimps makes good Sonic games! Give Dimps the next full game! Hell, I don't care who you give it to, just take it away from the people who have time and time again put out crap.

I still don't feel like Sonic is unsavable. Look at what happened to Tomb Raider - it was the laughingstock of the industry, and then it switched to a new developer and suddenly was awesome again. Do the same for Sonic. Please, Sega, stop repeating the fucking cycle.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

IGN have called the Warehog levels "abysmal". That was contested by another member of their staff who argued they were-hog in fact "retarded"

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Red

I was playing a flash Sonic game in a library today (because I didn't have anything else to do) and some like, 11-13 year old kids walk by talking about how crappy sonic is.
    10 years ago, they would be talking in awe about Sonic.
    Why has he been butchered so?

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By JonathanMoore
    Red said:
    "I was playing a flash Sonic game in a library today (because I didn't have anything else to do) and some like, 11-13 year old kids walk by talking about how crappy sonic is.
    10 years ago, they would be talking in awe about Sonic.
    Why has he been butchered so?"
    Cause Sonic Team suck nuts.

How simple can it be...make a 2D game, on the Virtual Libraries. Jeez, all they have to do is make Sonic the Hedgehog 4, and make it a good game, bam, you have Sonic back.

But no, there just too damn retarded to get it through there heads as to what the fans want...

Ive given up on Sonic. Game Over.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By get2sammyb
    LiquidPrince said:
    "It looked good until I found out about the stupid Were-Sonic crap. Just give me a 3D sonic in a 2D plane damn it..."
    Absolutely 100% agreed.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By SpinCookie
    get2sammyb said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    Absolutely 100% agreed."
    Yeah Matt form IGN pretty much said that if it was a game filled with just the day time levels, it would be unbelievable.  But we all know that games have to have a gimmick to sell.
    Come on Sega.

Oo I just had a good idea, how about DLC for Unleashed that just adds more daytime levels!! That would probably never happen, but it would be fantastic, and very welcomed.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By vidiot
    BananaKid said:
    "TAKE THIS FUCKING FRANCHISE AWAY FROM SONIC TEAM.
    I know they're named after the character and everything, but they have done nothing but ruin it. Dimps makes good Sonic games! Give Dimps the next full game! Hell, I don't care who you give it to, just take it away from the people who have time and time again put out crap.

I still don't feel like Sonic is unsavable. Look at what happened to Tomb Raider - it was the laughingstock of the industry, and then it switched to a new developer and suddenly was awesome again. Do the same for Sonic. Please, Sega, stop repeating the fucking cycle.
    "
    Amen to that. Tomb Raider had floundered for almost a decade, and when Crystal D got the chance to make a game in the series they blew everyone away. I hated what Tomb Raider had become, it's amazing what you can do if you give either your property to another set of eyes or heed what players want.

Sonic Team has had it'schance. I'll give this game a shot, but it seems like the #1 thing everyone was complaining about since the roughly the first trailer, turns out to be completely validated. The night time stages are poor and clunky....wow...

...Surprise.... *sigh*
    siLVUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By siLVUR

I'm still confused at why Sonic transforms to this weird Were-Sonic.

Makes no sense!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.