Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Changing PSN user name.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, obviously this has been a topic brought up in the past, and I don't have much to add other than the usual, why haven't they gotten to the point of allowing us to change it? Any ideas? Is it them just not caring, or is this something hard to implement. I mean, wouldn't it be a good idea to do like Microsoft and let users do it by paying a small amount of money? I mean, they'd be getting money! I don't really understand. (I also hope Sony see's this.)

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glots

"Technically Complex." was the last "answer" I heard when PS4 was coming out and this question naturally surfaced. Don't know how it is, but I'd guess they know these things better than I do...

I'd also be ready to pay up 10, or even 15 euros at highest to change my nick. It's nothing terrible like "killer1980" or such, but still something that's stuck to the past, so to say. I thought about doing a seperate account for multiplayer only before I bought PS4, but if the PS Plus trend grows bigger with online games, I really don't want to pay of two seperate accounts. Not to mention Season Passes and all that junk.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They put out a questionare to people a couple of months back and one of the questions on it was something along the lines of "would you like to be able to change your PSN name and would you pay for this service?"

So Sony are aware that people want to do it, it's just going to be a matter of seeing will they implement it. Who knows, maybe a small section of their E3 conference will be about introducing features like that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Still very much happy with mine I'm glad to say. That it's still not an option for those who aren't, however, is rather ridiculous, especially after this long now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Well, I know they're aware. Though, is the questionnaire over? I'm guessing so.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Yeah it's long over. I'm not even sure who got asked to fill it out, I think it was just some NA PSN users who were asked to do so via email.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Steadying

I really wish they would let us do this. Even if I had to pay an unreasonable amount of money. I don't hate my username or anything, but considering I'm called Steadying on pretty much everything now, I might as well be called that on PSN too.

Still wish I could remove the " meat " from my name on Giant Bomb. ;_;

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bigjeffrey

@steadyingmeat: i thought premium member can change their names? Even giantbomb.com has the option to change names. Get you shit together sony.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: You can? I never noticed such an option. Guess I'll see next time I'm premium. :P

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why cant they just give us aliases like steam has. HELL I know people in japan can change their PSNID cause I have seen it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.