Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

E3 2009 - Sony Press Conference Discussion

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#551  Edited By kush

I have an honest question: How many of you are actually willing to drop $250 for the new PSP Go? ...and do you already own a 1000/2000/3000?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#552  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Kush: I will be buying one based on one thing: whether the screen can handle daylight. I don't take my PSP anywhere with me because it's too big and the screen is basically unplayable in the daylight.

This thing is smaller, lighter and I don't buy UMDs for my current PSP (already made the switch to download) so I'm ready for this PSP Go.

Perhaps a sore point on Sony's conference was the price of the system, it's maybe a little too high, but hey - I still really want it.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#553  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Kush said:
    " I have an honest question: How many of you are actually willing to drop $250 for the new PSP Go? ...and do you already own a 1000/2000/3000? "

I will, I currently have a 2000 model and would want the upgrade. If I had a 3000 I would wait a fair while to get one. 

I will get one with GT Mobile as soon as it launches in the UK..

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Linkyshinks: Do you know what's funny? All that talk about Forza 3 being the definitive racing game. They said it over and over and over again. And I don't want to say Forza 3 is bad or anything because that's naive, I played and loved 2, but... I kinda laughed a little bit when they announced Gran Turismo PSP would have 800 cars.

I dunno... From the gameplay footage coming off the show floor - if they market GTPSP alongside the Go or whatever, it could be absolutely paramount for their PSP strategy. Smart choice releasing the game and console on the same day.

They should bundle it in with the PSP Go! -- include a download voucher. That would be really, really smart of Sony. I mean; Prologue has sold nearly 4million copies to date. 'Nuff said?
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#555  Edited By KamasamaK
    @get2sammyb: Bundling them would certainly make the price easier to swallow. By the way, as I said in my initial post, I'm sticking with my current one for now.
    Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#556  Edited By Spiritof
    @Kush said:
    " I have an honest question: How many of you are actually willing to drop $250 for the new PSP Go? ...and do you already own a 1000/2000/3000? "

Really tough to say. I own a 1000 that has a busted speaker after I dropped it (can only hear audio thru the headphone jack) and I've been looking to upgrade. The biggest (really only) hurdle with the Go is the lack of a UMD drive. It seems utterly ridiculous to put a barrier like that up for past users. Unless they can come up with a way to rip UMDs to memory (i.e. never gonna happen), I'm better off buying a 3000 and saving around $100.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557  Edited By get2sammyb
    @SpiritOf: That's the reason they're keeping the 3000 on the market, which seems like it would suit you better if you like UMD. For me, I only have 4 UMDs, have already made the switch to download PSP content, and I want a more portable system.

So long as they can communicate to customers which version is better based on their needs, then I think having both systems out appeases everyone.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#558  Edited By Demyx
    @Kush said:
    I'm on the fence. I don't want to pay more since I can barely afford anything, but the specs are nice. I don't own a PSP yet, but I do want one.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#559  Edited By subject2change

May pick up a new 3000 as I have a 1000. Not so interested in GO unless I can get my UMDs over to digital legally some how as i'd sell my 1000 if I can (Only own 6 UMD Games; its just the point). Don't know how much i'll play it though so i'll have to think about it.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#560  Edited By Pkshields
    @Kush said:
    My PSP has been bust for a long time, and when I seen this I decided this was the model I was going to get but same price as original PSP seems way to high this long into the life cycle. Really depends how well they will do supporting the PSP in the future, as I don't want to get a 3000, or a preowned one knowing this newer one is on the market.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

PSP Go! isn't aimed at the Gaming Side, its more of a multimedia device.

If i get one, please believe it wont be $250

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.