Sony To Stream GDC Press Conference, Watch Here!

#301 Posted by Daryl (1776 posts) -

Them playing Fireflies at the end again is just them saying fuck you.

#302 Posted by Shifty_Mcfly (211 posts) -

I'm starting to miss Lady Gaga.

#303 Posted by Blackout62 (2189 posts) -

People, these two ugly fellows are not journalists, they're PR reps. They're pre-written questions and statements are there to sell PS3s.
It's just a shame they do it so badly.

Really "Playstation Nation"?

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
#304 Posted by DanceDanceKennypants (661 posts) -
@Blackout62: 

They're just trying to sell PS3s?

Shit. They had me going there.
#305 Posted by Gabriel (4139 posts) -

Why didn't Jack Trentton do the entire Press conference?

#306 Posted by illmatic19 (993 posts) -

So apparently Square Enix is supporting the Move.

FF13 Versus anyone?

#307 Posted by Blackout62 (2189 posts) -
@Gabriel:  He needs to save his mad graphing skills for E3.
#308 Posted by Gabriel (4139 posts) -
@Blackout62 said:
" People, these two ugly fellows are not journalists, they're PR reps. They're pre-written questions and statements are there to sell PS3s. It's just a shame they do it so badly.  Really "Playstation Nation"? "
Giantbomb is livestreaming Playstation blog, they work for Sony.
#309 Posted by yani (428 posts) -

It's cold where I live and I don't like running in the rain/snow for 8 months of the year.  The street brawler seems like a decent alternative, boxing is a very good workout and I can have fun while staying dry.

Also I want Demon Souls 2 with dual Move controllers!

#310 Posted by turboman (9769 posts) -
@yani said:
" Also I want Demon Souls 2 with dual Move controllers! "
When you put it like that.... I'm kind of excited.
#311 Posted by MAST (891 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" @MAST:But at least Natal isn't a DIRECT COPY RIP-OFF product. Fuck me, Move even has it's own Nunchuck! Sub controller... "
Umm, so? If they take what the Wii did, and do it better, they win. It's business. Do you even realize how many games, gadgets, or movies you have watched that have been blatant ripoffs of other things?

Darksiders is a ripoff of Zelda
Arkham Asylum is also a ripoff of Zelda, amongst other things
Uncharted 2 is a ripoff of Indiana Jones, and National Treasure
Almost every game in the Blizzard catalog is a ripoff of something else.

I'm sure you've played at least on of those games. It doesn't stop people from buying, and loving those games. At that's just a couple examples, out of millions. Don't try and be all high and mighty and act like Sony is doing something morally corrupt here.
#312 Posted by barkertron (94 posts) -
@yani said:
" I want Demon Souls 2 with dual Move controllers! "
Shit yes. 

I thought most of that conference came across as empty PR bullshit actually, but now you've said that I'm almost as moist as the Playstation Blog guys were at the end when they were eyeing up Jack Tretton 

Not that moist though
#313 Posted by NoXious (1365 posts) -
@MAST:
So then you don't mind it if some Chinese company copies the Xbox 360 and puts their own on the market for only $ 50?
A game that copies extremely global concepts like Darksiders did to Zelda, is a whole different ball game then an almost 1:1 copy.

Granted that's what we have patents for, just as show concepts get sold by production companies :-P
Just hope Sony paid for theirs.
#314 Posted by Gabriel (4139 posts) -

A patch for GOW III for the move, and I might consider getting it.

#315 Posted by MAST (891 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" @MAST:So then you don't mind it if some Chinese company copies the Xbox 360 and puts their own on the market for only $ 50?"
Absolutely not. If the system ended up being better, had more games, had more people playing it, etc. That's how the world works, afraid to break it to you. Like I said, you and I both use, and enjoy things on a daily basis that's blatant ripoffs of other things. This is no different. Acting like this is a mark against Sony just because it's a "BLATANT RIPOFF OF THE WII! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!" is completely absurd. There is absolutely no different between this, and a game like Darksiders ripping of Zelda. You can try to split hairs, and act like it's different, but at it's core it's the same exact thing.
#316 Posted by Globox82 (201 posts) -

LOL at people taking this SHIT way to seriously. 
If you don't like it don't buy.
I wonder if all of you hypocrites will say the same for EyeToy 2.0 AKA NATAEL (i put E on purpose just to annoy lol) ?
Seriously this isn't targeted at you (even if they say that it is) you will get your hardcore games or do we have to keep on repeating same shit over and over?

#317 Posted by Emilio (3581 posts) -

Welcome to the world of motion control and pointing at things, kids. I've been here since 2006, so I'm experienced in these matters. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

#318 Posted by Globox82 (201 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @NoXious said:
" @MAST:But at least Natal isn't a DIRECT COPY RIP-OFF product. Fuck me, Move even has it's own Nunchuck! Sub controller... "
I hate it when TV companies rip off other TV companies and shoes rip off other shoes. "
OMG! I am not buying any shoes no more!!!! HOW DARE THEY!?
#319 Posted by Globox82 (201 posts) -
@Blackout62 said:
" @breaking3po: Yes. Did Jack just say "Playstation Nation?" Fuck it, I'm buying a 360. "
You already own it, so drop your gEy acting, please? Ok, next.
#320 Posted by erikj (56 posts) -

GOD, i'm pissed at sony for taking away backwards compatibility.

#321 Edited by Globox82 (201 posts) -

For haters 

http://kotaku.com/5490574/how-the-playstation-move-is-not-a-wii-remote 

#322 Posted by BODDAH (313 posts) -

Now THAT'S innovation! Sony will revolutionize the gaming industry with Move.

#323 Posted by act26 (124 posts) -

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

""Playstation Move!" (Awkward silence) "Tee hee hee!""

That was hilarious
#324 Posted by NathHaw (2854 posts) -
@Globox82: Did you notice how much Totilo was corrected?
#325 Posted by cntlicker (2 posts) -

The Playstation Move is fucking wicked, we dont need a Wii HD. This is loads better than wii, more accurate and no flickin the wrist.

#326 Posted by WholeFunShow (401 posts) -

I'd suggest spamming news until this story ticks over to page two, these shills can get on your nerves when they just pop into life without a ready explanation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.