Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment is a subsidiary of the Sony Corporation responsible for Research & Development, production, and sales of hardware and software for the PlayStation line of handheld and video game consoles.

Sony And Bad News - Does Sony Deserve The Hate?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools,

Like the millions of people before me, I sold my PS3.  I sold both of them.  I sold them with all my games.  I am not a loser, nor do I cheer for the losing team...which explains why I'm a Manchester United fan.  Sony has given nothing but bad news, and bad news, and bad news this generation.  They have no good games and their online sucks.  Sony is just bringing bad news.  If Sony is so good, then why does Halo outsell every Sony game?

Okay now that that's out of my system, serious question.  Does Sony deserve the hate they get?  With the exception of the five people retarded enough to sell their PS3s to play BLOPS on a 360 for more money, is anyone really bothered by the bad news from Sony?

And by bad news I mean bringing in the winning HD format, being the first to add proper HD with 5.1 to Netflix, having the best exclusives this generation, and having the top selling racing game this entire generation.  So duders, does Sony deserve it?

Yes or no.

Enjoy the bit of Nostalgia from Jeff, Rich, Ryan, and Brian.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

You're gonna confuse so many people, wondering if that first paragraph is true or not.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fbomb

It's hard to tell what kind of point you're trying to make with the bi-polar paragraph statements you have.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

The hate and adoration don't seem to be taking over one another. There will always be the vocal complainers telling everyone and their mothers that they hate Sony for whatever reason. My personal opinion on Sony, I don't care. My PS3 serves as a capable bluray player and I'll use it for longer periods of time when the occasional exclusive game comes out.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I certainly think they deserve the hate from people that actually own a PS3 and like to play online, PSN has been down for way too long.

Also, best exclusives?  Don't mix your opinions with your facts, son.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andorski

God, I remember that rant.  Thanks for posting it.  I hope this guy posts on Giant Bomb now.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By cstrang
    @Fbomb said:
    It's hard to tell what kind of point you're trying to make with the bi-polar paragraph statements you have.
    Indeed.  And, yes, they deserve every bit of hate they catch.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sarge1445

NO the network going down is not there fault. Also as a whole Sony for me has done 3 things right 1 Media my ps3 supports more media formats and works better with windows media player then my 360 does. 2nd games the ps3 has more exclusives of quality. Last is reliability I have gone through 8 360s still on ps3 number one.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Andorski said:
    God, I remember that rant.  Thanks for posting it.  I hope this guy posts on Giant Bomb now.
    He still posts on GS, I saw his name pop up once in a while there.  Keep in mind, this was over 5 years ago too...hah.  
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yakov456

This coming from the guy who made countless threads leading up to the release of GT5. Come on dude, what is your deal? One second your preaching this, and two seconds later you are preaching that. Not hating, I find your posts interesting. Just wondering.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64
    @PeasantAbuse said:

I certainly think they deserve the hate from people that actually own a PS3 and like to play online, PSN has been down for way too long.

I agree.  While it does suck they got hack, Sony should have made sure that their severs were secure before launching PSN.  People will remember this till Sony stops making consoles.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
    @yakov456: Sarcasm good friend.  I need an excuse to remind everyone of the times in 2006 and the Sony hate back then too...also wanted to make people laugh with the classic moment from the HotSpot.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By m1k3

I guess the hate can go towards how unsecure their previous security was, but they got HACKED either way. It seems kind of silly being majorly hateful at a company that just got hacked. At least they're working on improving their security (or at least you can hope they are working hard). A lot of hate should go towards these hackers, who seem to also have targeted Eidos.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yakov456
    @KaosAngel: You remind me of my best friend. I can never tell when you are serious or when you are goofing. No wonder I'm drawn to your posts. I should have watched the video but I'm too lazy.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlexW00d
    @yakov456 said:
    This coming from the guy who made countless threads leading up to the release of GT5. Come on dude, what is your deal? One second your preaching this, and two seconds later you are preaching that. Not hating, I find your posts interesting. Just wondering.
    The entire first paragraph was complete sarcasm...

I honestly don't care. My PS3 has served me well, my xbox has sat an rusted, my PC has come out on top.
    Do they deserve the hate they get? Probably not no. Will they continue to get it? Yes because people will always want something to complain about.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude

My private information is all over the fucking place. Not PSN, but I do expect to be living in a cardboard box soon. My game of choice will be drawing high definition images on sidewalks for a game of hopscotch.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yakov456
    @AlexW00d: Yes, he told me...
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By laserbolts
    I think hackers deserve the fucking hate. Bunch of low life scum with nothing better to do. Sony are doing what they can to get this shit back online. I understand why people would be frustrated but there are sooo many good single player experiences to be had out there. I'm sure a month without it is not that big of a deal. Oh and that hotspot clip was fucking great. Sorta makes me wish we had a call in segment during the bombast from time to time. That was fucking entertaining shit right there.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MeierTheRed

I'd say no. My PS3 has become my most used machine. I started this generation (2005) out as a hardcore 360 user, trash talking the PS3 so fierce. Three years passed (2008), and the feature set and capability of the PS3 was vastly expanded from what it looked like when it launched.
    Canceled my XBL Gold, and started using my PS3 as my main machine. At first i missed cross game chat, but i quickly learned to live without it, got used to the controller within a couple of days. And now i rarely ever turn on my 360.

Part of the reason for the ol switcheroo was the launch of NXE, i jus't cant stand the fisherprice look of it, and i hate! the avatars. Call me picky, moron and idiot i don't really care, it just bugs me turning on my hardware when the look of the user interface just irritates you. But the bigger reason was the first party titles Sony was throwing out, which i have come to love more than what Microsoft currently offers.

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AyKay_47

I hate everyone who entertains me in any way. I mean, especially if I give them my hard earned money and everything. Fucking assholes.

You should visit some WoW related forums. 90% of the users just bitch and complain about all the "bad news" Blizzard puts out. 

Most people are fickle cunts.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By benjaebe

PSN being down sucks and so does theft of user information, but I went through the minor inconvenience of cancelling my debit card and I'm using the free time without PSN to play through Persona 4 again. All in all, it's an inconvenience but not a huge one.

So, in a word, no.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By EuanDewar

Oh man, I love your threads so godamn much.

@sarge1445 said:

NO the network going down is not there fault. Also as a whole Sony for me has done 3 things right 1 Media my ps3 supports more media formats and works better with windows media player then my 360 does. 2nd games the ps3 has more exclusives of quality. Last is reliability I have gone through 8 360s still on ps3 number one.
    8? Is that an exaggeration or a serious figure? I understand the 360 has a reputation for blowing up but Jesus christ man, you must be putting it through some serious shit if its gone that many times. Im on my 2nd Xbox and thats only because I felt the need to upgrade to the S. My first Xbox lived for four years of regular gaming and didn't break down once. This isn't an attack on you I just fail to see how that can happen.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @EuanDewar
    I wouldn't be surprised if eight is a legit number. I'm actually on number five myself. To be honest, the fact that you haven't had a failure probably makes you a bigger statistical anomaly than him.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @m1k3 said:
    I guess the hate can go towards how unsecure their previous security was, but they got HACKED either way. It seems kind of silly being majorly hateful at a company that just got hacked. At least they're working on improving their security (or at least you can hope they are working hard). A lot of hate should go towards these hackers, who seem to also have targeted Eidos.
    My first reaction was hate towards Sony when the hack first happened too, but if you've been hearing the news lately, a bunch of other sites and companies also got hacked too, so I guess its more like a sign of the times. 
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ninjakiller
    @Fbomb said:
    Yeah, since people are reading rather than hearing what you typed a /sarcasmoff might be a nice addition as people actually are doing just that, selling their systems and switching to xbox.  
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sarge1445
    @EuanDewar said:
    Oh man, I love your threads so godamn much.

@sarge1445 said:
    8? Is that an exaggeration or a serious figure? I understand the 360 has a reputation for blowing up but Jesus christ man, you must be putting it through some serious shit if its gone that many times. Im on my 2nd Xbox and thats only because I felt the need to upgrade to the S. My first Xbox lived for four years of regular gaming and didn't break down once. This isn't an attack on you I just fail to see how that can happen.
    100% serious ive been dealing with broken 360s since a month after launch

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.