Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 28, 2013

A new entry in the 90s dungeon crawler RPG series, developed by Zerodiv for the PS Vita.

What the hell is this game?

CollyWolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CollyWolly

Not sure what to expect with a title like this, but I am intrigued. What should we expect?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can you date a virtual lady or see a boob? If not then there's still no reason to own a Vita.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Not sure what to expect with a title like this, but I am intrigued. What should we expect?

It's a roguelike with an aggressively cheerful visual style and a focus on making great curry. Aside from massive slowdown if there's a lot of enemies on the screen, it's pretty solid.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

Just watched this guys QL on youtube and the game actually looks pretty good. I might go pick it up if it's not too much money. I have been in the mood for a good solid simple RPG and this might fill that void for me and finally turn my vita into a game system instead of a dust magnet again.

EDIT:Just did some searching and to no surprise no one locally has it and the only place I could find it online was an overpriced third party seller on amazon. I might break down and buy the digital copy, but I really don't want to. I don't like buying digital games on anything but PC. I don't trust the stores to not get shut down the second the next iteration of the platform comes out or they make you rebuy all your games.

Loading Video...

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks alright but the Compile Heart touch is painfully obvious, the slowdown gets ridiculous. The DS version of Shiren the Wanderer is still my go-to roguelike.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MerxWorx01

@crusader8463: I don't really trust most of these digital stores but if its any consolation I Sony's handhelds let you store your games on the the PC. I have all my psp games and vita games(bought digitally ofc) on my PC in case the worse should happen. Its not the best solution but for me personally, at lease I can get it from my PC is case shit goes bad. Also as a side note all but one of my PSP games can be downloaded free and played on my Vita which I did not think would happen. Makes me wish I bought all my PSP game digitally but when Sony could not guarantee all previous perchased digital PSP games would be available for free on Vita I assumed they were going to make everyone re-buy their games.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I just saw a copy of this in one of my local stores and wanted to know more about it, seems like it may be worth checking out. It's around $90 here though, which is expensive even for Sweden.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Q: What the hell is this game? (Game) (Question) (Thread)

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@fisk0: I pre ordered it because I knew my gamestop wouldn't get a copy otherwise. It's been an interesting ride so far. It was $40 here, which is a much fairer price. I don't think 90 is really justifiable for this game. The mechanics are a little too simple and there isn't a whole lot to the game (at least of the three or four hours I dumped into it so far)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0: I pre ordered it because I knew my gamestop wouldn't get a copy otherwise. It's been an interesting ride so far. It was $40 here, which is a much fairer price. I don't think 90 is really justifiable for this game. The mechanics are a little too simple and there isn't a whole lot to the game (at least of the three or four hours I dumped into it so far)

I ended up buying it anyway. Probably the fastest I've gone from not even knowing a game existed to paying a substantial amount of money for it

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: Man, that's a pretty huge chunk of change! Was that for the special edition version or the standard though?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0: Man, that's a pretty huge chunk of change! Was that for the special edition version or the standard though?

The Hot and Spicy, Everything Nicey Limited Edition.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@fisk0: ah. That explains the price tag. I forgot to request the limited edition :( That's the one that came with the bib right?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0: ah. That explains the price tag. I forgot to request the limited edition :( That's the one that came with the bib right?

Yeah, a plastic spoon, a plate and a bib. The spoon and plate are kinda weird things to put in a collector's edition thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.