Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soul Blazer

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 31, 1992

An action-RPG published by Enix for the SNES. The player has to restore the world above by delving deeper into an immense dungeon.

Easiest/best way to play Soul Blazer in 2019?

fetterdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I remember enjoying Soul Blazer immensely back in the day, and would like to find a way to play it now. I'm looking for advice and recommendations on the easiest/best way to do that. My parameters are as follows: I don't have a PC, and don't want to spend an enormous amount of money.

Suggestions?

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gundato

Assuming you own the cartridge and have some way of turning that into a rom:

Raspberry pis are dirt cheap and have no problems with playable SNES games (might not be as accurate as it could be, but it works). Couple that with a cheap bluetooth controller and you are probably looking at <100 bucks to get everything going. Probably less than 60 (30-40 for the pi, depending on the model and any extras. 20-30 for the controller, and then <10 for an sd card).

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I looked at ebay, found some cartridges around $20. As long as you're not looking for the box, manual, and new condition then prices weren't too crazy.

Retron sells a HD SNES console for $65.

I can't speak if it's a great experience but generally hear good things about retron products.

For a new HD SNES console that's as close to authentic experience is Analogue's Super NT console at $185.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.