Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Downloadable Content - Hopes & Expectations

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I actually just noticed in the US Playstation Store there is already some Soul Calibur 4 DLC up. Does anyone have it? What do you get and is it any good? Hopefully if it's good it will come to the other regions next week.

So we're all pretty much expecting Yoda/Vader to be added into the respective versions of the game but what else are you hoping for? I personally would like to see a tag-team mode online and a "winner stays on" system like in Tekken: Dark Ressurection.

As for actual downloadable content -- I'd love to see some new characters with different fighting styles. And some item packs for character creation would be quite good if they offered enough stuff for the right price. I'd pay say £0.99 ($1.99) for 25 or so awesome new items in character creation.

Anyway - what do you guys want?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By lord_canti

i would like some cameo characters  but only like a cupple not a lot. i would also like more stages  and character items and new original characters. also maby more moves to add to the existing characters its just a idea 

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

More funny hats, maybe a monocle.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai
    lordofultima said:
    "More funny hats, maybe a monocle.
    "
    There alrdy is one =\

I want to see more chars and weps
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By suneku

More characters, stages, customizing related stuff, new fighting modes (like tag and stuff)... and a way to custom make Jedi/Siths!!

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Illmatic

I read in the latest EGM that added stages and modes were not something they were considering for DLC. Bummer.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

blah that sucks

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Hopes:

• Li Long and Hwang made available in a single download for no more than five dollars.  This would also include them as new CAS styles.
    • All the custom fighter styles from Soul Calibur III made available in a single download for no more than five dollars.
    • Several large packs of 50 to 100 CAS items for no more than five dollars.
    • Tag mode made available in versus and online play free of charge.  This would happen after the game's been out a few months, and would be done to get potential buyers interested in the game again before a price drop (i.e. Burnout Paradise).
    • Classic SC levels from games 1-3 for no more than a dollar per stage.
    • Vader on 360 and Yoda on PS3 made available for no more than $2.50, unless their data is already on the discs, in which case they should be available for free after the game has been out a few months.

Expectations:
    • Vader on 360 and Yoda on PS3 made available for ten dollars.  Their data is already on the discs, and Namco will be asking you to purchase an unlock.
    • Several small packs of CAS items sold for outrageous prices.

They already want you to pay more for the original Soul Calibur music than it costs to actually buy the FULL original Soul Calibur on XBLA, so I really don't see good things ahead for this game and DLC.  : (

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai
    Illmatic said:
    "I read in the latest EGM that added stages and modes were not something they were considering for DLC. Bummer.
    "
    What were they considering?
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Jeffsekai said:
    "Illmatic said:
    "I read in the latest EGM that added stages and modes were not something they were considering for DLC. Bummer.
    "
    What were they considering?
    "

Well armor and equipment. I hope they do characters from previous games that didnt make it to this one spawn plez or anything made by todd macfarlane or at least their equipment and clothing and stuff.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    get2sammyb said:
    "I actually just noticed in the US Playstation Store there is already some Soul Calibur 4 DLC up. Does anyone have it? What do you get and is it any good? Hopefully if it's good it will come to the other regions next week.

So we're all pretty much expecting Yoda/Vader to be added into the respective versions of the game but what else are you hoping for? I personally would like to see a tag-team mode online and a "winner stays on" system like in Tekken: Dark Ressurection.

As for actual downloadable content -- I'd love to see some new characters with different fighting styles. And some item packs for character creation would be quite good if they offered enough stuff for the right price. I'd pay say £0.99 ($1.99) for 25 or so awesome new items in character creation.

Anyway - what do you guys want?
    "
    The DLC of parts contains: 8 helmets for Male CaS and 1armor piece for Women CaS (The helmets are all of Voldos and Nightmare previous helmets)
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "Hopes:
    • Li Long and Hwang made available in a single download for no more than five dollars.  This would also include them as new CAS styles.
    • All the custom fighter styles from Soul Calibur III made available in a single download for no more than five dollars.
    • Several large packs of 50 to 100 CAS items for no more than five dollars.
    • Tag mode made available in versus and online play free of charge.  This would happen after the game's been out a few months, and would be done to get potential buyers interested in the game again before a price drop (i.e. Burnout Paradise).
    • Classic SC levels from games 1-3 for no more than a dollar per stage.
    • Vader on 360 and Yoda on PS3 made available for no more than $2.50, unless their data is already on the discs, in which case they should be available for free after the game has been out a few months.

Expectations:
    • Vader on 360 and Yoda on PS3 made available for ten dollars.  Their data is already on the discs, and Namco will be asking you to purchase an unlock.
    • Several small packs of CAS items sold for outrageous prices.

They already want you to pay more for the original Soul Calibur music than it costs to actually buy the FULL original Soul Calibur on XBLA, so I really don't see good things ahead for this game and DLC.  : (

"
    Your hopes got me so excited but after reading your expectations I kinda get it. While the hopes should not by ANY means be out of the question, realistically they are not going to happen are they?
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Psytek

Horse armour for $30?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.