Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

How To Guard Impacts

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    I have probably done it before but I dont guard much and wanted to know how I would go about doing a guard impact. Since you need it to unlock that one map seesaw and it will be the last map to unlock for me. So how do you do guard impacts.

Thank you for helping.

My guess is that you have to guard at the exact same time they hit you?
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

I think I know how to do it now thank you all that posted(NoNe) I can do it with sophita Im going to go try it now

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shawn

Your very welcome, sir.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Can someone who has the game please post and help me all it takes is one person who knows how to guard impact in the soul calibur iv forum souldnt be that hard to find.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Geez, it hasn't even been a couple hours yet.  You make it sound like we all know how, but just enjoy watching you suffer.  To answer your question, though: press guard and forward or backward at the time of impact.  Forward knocks them back, backward knocks them down.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

I did it and unlocked the stage and achievement world traveler it was difficult. Good luck to any trying to do it and if you dont have all stages play with me and send me a friend request saying world traveler.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "I did it and unlocked the stage and achievement world traveler it was difficult. Good luck to any trying to do it and if you dont have all stages play with me and send me a friend request saying world traveler."
    I already did it myself, but that's nice of you to offer to help others like that.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "I did it and unlocked the stage and achievement world traveler it was difficult. Good luck to any trying to do it and if you dont have all stages play with me and send me a friend request saying world traveler."
    I already did it myself, but that's nice of you to offer to help others like that."

Well it truly frustrated me and I know others must want it so why not.  I know alot of people who have 19 maps and think that is it . Because I did too. and got super pissed when I figured out there was one more for a achievement. But loved how many stages their was. Now all they need is downloadable content todd macfarlane characters and different forms of spawn then they can make 3 new stages modern day earth in a popular city, heaven and hell.
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

a guard impact is when you press the guard button + forward or back right when the opponent strikes you. time it perfectly at the exact moment the attack would connect, and you get a perfect or "just" impact which really messes up the other guy. you'll need to have played multiple character or study how an opponent uses combos to get good at it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.