Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

Trophies in Playstation 3 Version?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Does anybody know if the Playstation 3 version of Soul Calibur IV will have trophies?

TSchonbeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TSchonbeck

I haven't heard anything about it having trophies so I would say that by default I won't have but we might get it later. You never know.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

I haven't heard anything either, but I don't see a reason why they would pass it up. They do claim the only difference between the 360 version and PS3 are the exclusive characters, but interpret that as you will.

monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By monkyofdoom

I don't think there are, but it might be possible that they decide to patch them in at some point.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

It's disappointing the lack of use these trophies are getting. I know it's still early days but a good few weeks have passed since their introduction. You'd think that Sony would have said that all new games released after a certain date would have to include trophies by default?

ochazuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ochazuke

I hope there are trophies, but it's not like it's going to prevent me from getting this game for the ps3. This is the kind of game that does not need the extra trophy incentive. It's going to be awesome no matter what.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    ochazuke said:
    "I hope there are trophies, but it's not like it's going to prevent me from getting this game for the ps3. This is the kind of game that does not need the extra trophy incentive. It's going to be awesome no matter what.
    "
    Agreed. But it would be nice.
    bladeofold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bladeofold

I agree

game is gonna rock but I certainly do hope that there will be trophys

Killuminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killuminati

Well apparently some people got the game early and to my dissapointment aswell the game has no trophies.

bladeofold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bladeofold

really? aw man thats too bad well hopefully they will patch it in

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
    Killuminati said:
    "Well apparently some people got the game early and to my dissapointment aswell the game has no trophies.
    "
    Gutted. :(
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:
    "It's disappointing the lack of use these trophies are getting. I know it's still early days but a good few weeks have passed since their introduction. You'd think that Sony would have said that all new games released after a certain date would have to include trophies by default?
    "

Games that are too late in development to feel the need to add trophies, probably won't get them. Like SC4 for example. I hope it does somewhere down the line though.

Most big games this year will have them though, with many getting patched.. and more then likely majority 09 games, if not all, will have trophies.
    zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By zerok

Well, I just found this post where the author says that the PS3 version will neither have trophies nor custom soundtracks. It would definitely nice to hear something from an official source about this.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I think it has some sort of "honors" system like the 360 version's achievements, but it does not have actual trophy support.  Most you can do is hope for a patch.  As far as waiting for an official source, you don't really need to do that when hundreds of people got their copies early and are posting all sorts of info.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By azteris
    Sentry said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "It's disappointing the lack of use these trophies are getting. I know it's still early days but a good few weeks have passed since their introduction. You'd think that Sony would have said that all new games released after a certain date would have to include trophies by default?
    "

Games that are too late in development to feel the need to add trophies, probably won't get them. Like SC4 for example. I hope it does somewhere down the line though.

Most big games this year will have them though, with many getting patched.. and more then likely majority 09 games, if not all, will have trophies.
    "

Except Achievements have been out for years. It took them a few years just to copy them, and now it's a slow rolling clumsy transition. I was really excited about trophies until they turned out to be utter garbage. You can't be just managing to pull your shit together during year 3, it's embarassing.
    bowlerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By bowlerry

Not heard anything either.

HektikLyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HektikLyfe

Disappointing.  The two versions (PS3/360) are so similar that a very small difference, like trophy/achievement support, is enough to sway me.

Seems like the 360 version for me.  Though I preferred Darth Vader over Yoda.  Oh well.

PsYuSoFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PsYuSoFly
    HektikLyfe said:
    "Disappointing.  The two versions (PS3/360) are so similar that a very small difference, like trophy/achievement support, is enough to sway me.

Seems like the 360 version for me.  Though I preferred Darth Vader over Yoda.  Oh well."
    Trust me vadar will b e on the 360 in DLC.
    C4libursEdgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By C4libursEdgE

Unfortunatley , no there will be no trophies but maybe they might update?

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shimbibby

so there might not be trophies, but how do you guys feel about not having rumble in the game? this is what's making me think twice about picking up this game.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

Having now played the game you'd think with the honours system in place and the link to the gamertag with your profile that trophies would be an easy patch?

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Patchinko

From this link:

Super Stardust™ HD, a PLAYSTATION Network-exclusive released last year, will be the first game to leverage the Trophies system and will offer a variety of trophies**. The following first-party games are also slated to offer Trophy support:

· BUZZ!™ Quiz TV

· LittleBigPlanet™

· MotorStorm™ Pacific Rift

· NBA 09 - PS3

· PAIN**

· PixelJunk™ Eden

· Resistance 2™

· SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

· Warhawk™**

And then read/watch this.

Especially:

"Here's the unfortunate news: you'll need to earn Trophies in games that are patched to include them even if you've already completely beaten the game. For example, if GTAIV received a trophy update, you'd need to play through it again – even if you achieved 100% completion – in order to earn its Trophies.

From the sound of things, though, there's not a lot of movement in terms of already-released titles receiving Trophy support. According to Sony, developers would need to go back in and add the "trigger values" that unlock a Trophy, something we could only expect larger developers to undertake on titles that already have Xbox 360 achievements."

So basically, if Namco wanted to add in Trophies, they could do it in a downloadable patch. And you'd have to re-achieve anything that awarded a trophy no matter what. Seems unlikely that they'll add it, but it's possible.

Kevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kevan
    Patchinko said:
    So basically, if Namco wanted to add in Trophies, they could do it in a downloadable patch. And you'd have to re-achieve anything that awarded a trophy no matter what. Seems unlikely that they'll add it, but it's possible.
    Oh
    Rly?
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Patchinko
    Kevan said:
    "Patchinko said:
    Oh
    Rly?
    "

Ya
    Rly.

"* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there’s never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)"

If your save game isn't locked to your PSN ID, as it isn't with Soul Caliber 4 (based on the fact that you can download and trade save games), then you'll have to re-achieve your awards with a new save game that is locked to the PSN ID.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By keyhunter

It has 360 ACHIEVEMENTS. I got alot of those. Screw trophies.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By suneku
    Patchinko said:
    "Kevan said:
    "Patchinko said:
    Oh
    Rly?
    "

Ya
    Rly.

"* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there’s never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)"

If your save game isn't locked to your PSN ID, as it isn't with Soul Caliber 4 (based on the fact that you can download and trade save games), then you'll have to re-achieve your awards with a new save game that is locked to the PSN ID.
    "
    I tried taking my saved file to my friend's PS3 and it says it's locked on my account
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Homer

Hopefully it does, that would be great.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Luke
    suneku said:
     "I tried taking my saved file to my friend's PS3 and it says it's locked on my account"
    Same here... doesn't seem like you can copy save games.

Due to this, they may be able to take our in-game achievements and turn them into Trophies pretty easily, if/when a Patch comes-out.

Even with no Trophies, no 1080p, and no rumble support, I still like the PS version over XBOX.  I hate the XBOX controller for fighting games.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By get2sammyb
    luke said:
    "suneku said:
     "I tried taking my saved file to my friend's PS3 and it says it's locked on my account"
    Same here... doesn't seem like you can copy save games.

Due to this, they may be able to take our in-game achievements and turn them into Trophies pretty easily, if/when a Patch comes-out.

Even with no Trophies, no 1080p, and no rumble support, I still like the PS version over XBOX.  I hate the XBOX controller for fighting games.
    "
    That's very interesting that the game is locked. Very, very interesting. Because that means essentially everything is in place (in a similar style to Burnout) to instantly allow a trophy patch. All it would need to do is to install the patch, scan your honours and then award you the relevent trophies. I wouldn't be surprised if Namco weren't already working on this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.