Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 29, 2008

The fifth installment in Namco's Soul series of weapon-based fighting games, Soulcalibur IV is the first to be released on seventh-generation consoles and the first online entry in the series. It's known for its use of Star Wars characters as guest fighters.

What are my chances?

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dj

I have been wanting to get into fighting games but have been wondering if I were to go play this online would it be possible for me to have a competitive chance? Im a mediocre player at best.

carpetmuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By carpetmuncher

No, you need to practice this is a hard fighting game to be good at. Button mashing does not work.

HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Homer

Probably not. People are REALLY obsessed with this game.

orange_pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By orange_pork

You'll do fine. The vast majority of people playing this game aren't fighting game aficionados either, and after a few days of play, you'll do just as well as at least half of anyone else playing online, even if you're just button mashing.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Oni

Eh it depends. Ranked matches, in my experience, are fucking hard. People there KNOW this game, because you need to. Player matches are much more casual, relaxed, with people that mostly just want to have a good time without worrying overmuch about achievements, and there are no ranks there. And there's only 2 achievements exclusive to ranked matches, so you won't even miss out on much. I'd say go for it, and just stick to player matches and single player, you'll have a great time with this game.

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zhinse

I'm a mediocre player at best and i try to play the ranked matches. Most of the lower level players are just damn desparate. You can kind of tell what they're going to do and its frustrating that it's almost impossible to Guard impact online. If lag wasn't an issue, you shouldn't have any trouble at all, well besides the part where your heart is pumping so damn hard its distracting you. Higher level players on the other hand are almost impossible to touch. They earned their levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.