Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur V

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 31, 2012

Set seventeen years after Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V introduces a number of new characters to the roster and offers new gameplay tweaks and online enhancements.

Does This Game Have The "Auto-Custom" Option from SCIV?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By Little_Socrates

Amongst my friends, the "proper" way to play Soul Calibur IV is to use the "auto-custom female" random character generator, which develops a character with randomized attributes and gear based on another character's movesets. It's not because the ladies turn out sexy; rather, it's about finding the most ridiculous viking/noble/afro combinations you can with the squeakiest voices possible.

A lot of merit has been made of the Soul Calibur V character creator. I'm interested in using it, along with a new set of moves. But auto-custom female is effectively a definitive part of the Soul Calibur experience for my friends and I. While the ridiculous girth and bust scales make it totally okay for them to remove the gender qualifier, is the auto-custom experience still a part of this game? Otherwise, I actually might hesitate to pick up this game tomorrow, as it does really seem like "just another Soul Calibur game" in most respects.

Also, although I'm sure this question will actually be answered in the review coverage to come, is gear destruction still in the game? Watching a random character's helmet be destroyed only to reveal a massive pink afro was an absolute highlight in SCIV, and I'd like to think that destructible gear is still in the game.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Phished0ne

@Little_Socrates said:

Amongst my friends, the "proper" way to play Soul Calibur IV is to use the "auto-custom female" random character generator, which develops a character with randomized attributes and gear based on another character's movesets. It's not because the ladies turn out sexy; rather, it's about finding the most ridiculous viking/noble/afro combinations you can with the squeakiest voices possible.

A lot of merit has been made of the Soul Calibur V character creator. I'm interested in using it, along with a new set of moves. But auto-custom female is effectively a definitive part of the Soul Calibur experience for my friends and I. While the ridiculous girth and bust scales make it totally okay for them to remove the gender qualifier, is the auto-custom experience still a part of this game? Otherwise, I actually might hesitate to pick up this game tomorrow, as it does really seem like "just another Soul Calibur game" in most respects.

Also, although I'm sure this question will actually be answered in the review coverage to come, is gear destruction still in the game? Watching a random character's helmet be destroyed only to reveal a massive pink afro was an absolute highlight in SCIV, and I'd like to think that destructible gear is still in the game.

I dont know if auto-custom is in the game. but from what i've seen of from streams and videos of people who got the game early there is gear destruction. But your 'just another sc game' assessment is kinda true. Although there are some things in it that make it different from the past installments, including a "super bar" similar to other fighters that allows you to do powered up specials and 'super moves'.

If you arent familiar with him, youtuber and fighting game player Maximilion( http://www.youtube.com/user/Miles923) did a 3 part series, covering general gameplay, and online, with a little dabbling in create-a-character, although all he really did was character color alterations.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Phished0ne: Great to hear that gear destruction is back! I'm expecting to really get replies tomorrow on the auto-custom options.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Yes, Random Original Character is there for both Male and Female.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

@JJOR64: TIME TO GO BUY THE GAME.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.