Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur VI

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 19, 2018

Namco's sword-slashing fighting game makes its first appearance on eight-generation game consoles (as well as the PC) and re-tells the events of the original Soulcalibur.

New Soul Calibur 6 trailer with 4 characters revealed

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

2018 is shaping up to be some of the best years in fighting games. Dragon Ball FighterZ is getting rave reviews, we'll see the return of Skullomania in Fighting EX Layer, SF5 Arcade Edition appears to be the definitive edition of SF5 and SC6 is on its way too. This time with a brand new trailer that reveals a new character and 3 veterans of the series. Plus there's a major focus on cinematic special attacks that looks to take inspiration from Tekken 7. Take a look:

One Dan Ryckert is probably giddy with excitement!

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The Soul Still Burns! Interesting that it looks like every character will have a nightmare mode.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Zirilius

@redwing42 said:

The Soul Still Burns! Interesting that it looks like every character will have a nightmare mode.

What will Nightmare's nightmare mode be? Revert back to Seigfried?

I was also very disappointed Gr0h was not Raiden from MGS Rising.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So much for the rumor that it was a prequel...

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty excited for this; nice to see Kilik back to his normal self, and Xianghua is always a welcome addition. Groh looks like a reject villain from some C-Tier shonen, though. Supers/Ultras, and this nightmare mode? This seems like a pretty colossal change in what SC is; hope it turns out well.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the roster.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 scrubs beating down on the boss mitsurugi and no footage of him getting his revenge? Terrible trailer.

Game looks good though, haven't really liked the game since the first one so hopefully it gets back to form. Hope they bring back that adventure mode from the first game and dont do a lame cinematic mode.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm interested. I havent really been into Soul Calibur since 3 though, so I will approach this with caution. The content of the game and balance will make or break this for me.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a purity and sense of simplicity to the footage they've shown thus far that reminds me so much of SC1 and 2 compared to the other games. It's like seeing a clown without its make-up on.

Hello old friend... I liked IV and V okay, didn't get into III ever, but this is intriguing.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

New double saber dude is a little more anime than I would've liked, but looking pretty good all around.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeik

That new character is the most anime thing ever, but I'm glad to see there will be at least a few new characters. I was worried they were going to play this overly safe and only use the expected roster.

I still just want Tira though.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grøh kinda looks like he came in from another game, but I think his moveset looks kinda rad, so whatever.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zirilius said:
    @redwing42 said:

What will Nightmare's nightmare mode be? Revert back to Seigfried?

I was also very disappointed Gr0h was not Raiden from MGS Rising.

Yeah I was like "Oh shit!" when I saw that thumbnail and was promptly disappointed.

Looks good, I hope they dont overcomplicate things.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By rorie

Much better trailer than the first one, which really felt slapped together over an afternoon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.