SC6 Week 1ish Tournament PS4 - 10/28 11AM Pacific

#1 Edited by L1GHTN1N (1991 posts) -

And tournament is over! Thanks to everyone who came out and played, and thanks to Mace for streaming! Archive is here:

Hey all! A new fighting game means time for a new tournament! SoulCalibur 6 has been out for almost a week now which seems like enough time to hold the first tournament and find out who's soul burns the hottest on Giant Bomb!

The tournament is scheduled for October 28th (Sunday) at 11AM Pacific and will be for the PS4 version. For sign-ups we'll be using Challonge, where you can sign up here https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eu03aSPSST. For communication purposes, joining the Giant Bomb Fighting Game Discord is mandatory, if you're not already a part of that you can join us here https://discord.gg/G5weefw (even if you aren't into Soul Calibur but enjoy other Fighting Games, you should give it a look!).

As part of the sign-up you can choose what your nickname is, please have your Challonge and Discord names similar enough that people can tell who you are, so they can invite you for your match. If you sign up as "Goku" and your Discord is "XxW33DL0RDVeg33t4xX" while your PSN is "Yu-Gi-No" it makes it more difficult to coordinate matches and we spend a lot more time trying to sort out who's who than stabbing and bashing.

A few additional rules, please read through them before signing up:

• Custom Characters ARE NOT ALLOWED! While I don't think most people's custom characters will cause any problems, I don't want to have to make a judgement call mid tournament for have someone be upset because they lost to this:

• This hasn't been an issue for any tournaments I've done, but as always ANY FORM of cheating (reporting matches you lost as you winning) or harassment will result in immediate elimination from the tournament. Main point of this is to have fun, don't be a dick
  • Tournament will be double elimination, meaning you need to lose to two opponents before you are eliminated from the tournament
  • Matches will use the default settings (3/5 rounds, random stage select), and be 2 our of 3. Winner Finals, Loser FInals, and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5. In addition, the person coming from the loser's bracket will need to win two sets of 3/5 while the winner only needs to win one set of 3/5
    • Upon losing a match, the losing player may switch characters if they like. However, the winner MUST select the same character. To be clear if I choose Geralt and my opponent chooses Talim and they beat me, I can swap to Raphael but they must stick with Talim. If I beat them, they can then swap to Cervantes but I must stick with Raphael. If you have any questions during the tournament, you're more than welcome to ask
  • Players are responsible for reporting their own scores on the Challonge page. If you have any problems doing so or you accidentally enter the wrong score/winner let me know during the tournament and I can fix it.
  • Players are expected to show up on time. At 5 minutes past if you haven't notified me that you'll be a few minutes late, I reserve the right to give you a loss in your first match to keep the tournament going. At 10 minutes past you will be disqualified.
  • As far as characters/stages, everyone is allowed including Tira (pre-order only)
  • When selecting a stage, players must select 'Random Select'

OK think that covers things! Hope to see people there, if you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me on Giant Bomb or in Discord, otherwise I look forward to seeing everyone there!

#2 Posted by L1GHTN1N (1991 posts) -

Just a quick reminder, this is set to start in about 4 hours so if you’re planning to sign up please do so. We’re planning to stream some of the matches, I’ll update main post with link closer to tournament time.

#3 Posted by DocHaus (2712 posts) -

Fuck, I'm not sure if I'll make this in time. Maybe the next round.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.