Was your first Souls game your favorite?

• 152 results
TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Was your first Souls game your favorite? (614 votes)

Yes 43%
No 46%
I have only played one Souls game (Bloodborne counts too) 6%
I haven't played any Souls games but I wanted to answer anyway 5%

I'm just wondering what you guys think, since I have heard from a variety of places - most recently from the Beast crew - that your first Souls game tends to be your favorite. It's not the case for me, I played them all in release order and my favorite is Dark Souls, so I'm wondering if there are more of us out there.

I'm specifically talking about Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II (and SotFS), and Bloodborne (and I guess Dark Souls III if you have it??). Maybe the common knowledge is true that everyone prefers their first Souls game, maybe this is a stupid preemptive poll and Dark Souls III will soon be everyone's favorite, who knows?

• 
fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've played Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 to completion, and I think I prefer the first one. Its feeling of loneliness (I played it last year, so little online) and its incredible interconnected world made it something special. I also found the lore more interesting.

superdomino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played Bloodborne first, then dabbled with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and was liking it alot...until a buddy told me to play Dark Souls. To date I've played DS 1,2,3 and Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 is my hands down favorite.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 24

I voted "Yes" but I'm actually unsure. Dark Souls was the first one I played, but honestly I could toss either Bloodborne or Dark Souls III up against it at this point. DS3 needs a little more time to settle in before I make a final decision on it, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.