Which of the Souls games is your favorite? Bloodborne included.

• 132 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll Which of the Souls games is your favorite? Bloodborne included. (776 votes)

Demon's Souls 12%
Dark Souls 39%
Dark Souls 2 6%
Bloodborne 23%
Dark Souls 3 5%
I don't like any of them actually. 2%
I love them all! That's my choice. I wouldn't be able to choose. 5%
I've never played them, but I'm here, so I'll just see what others think. 9%

Dark Souls 3 I felt I needed to add, though that's a bit unfair obviously as it's not out yet, but still. I'm currently playing through Demon's Souls, and I'm really enjoying it. I should have gone through them sooner. I am of course asking in general here, but more specifically, if you can say what your favorite setting of these games are, and which has the best bosses. When it comes to bosses, which game has the most intimidating of them, not only from a challenge but as well as looks? That's what I really appreciate, that they not only look like something you don't want to go near, but they are also challenging to back it up. As for the games settings, what is it about that game's setting that you like more? And is there one section of the game that stands out among others? I'm also curious about the soundtracks and what game you think has the best, most effective music of them all too.

I feel like they're pretty understated, but from what I hear, I like it as it gives off a suitable tone to it all. The vibe I get from Demon's Souls is as I've mentioned before, intimidation, like 'you probably don't want to ever go near this thing, but you will have to, unfortunately. Good luck!' Finally, what game did you find the most challenging? I am pretty excited to go through Demon's Souls, and perhaps the rest. I hope I have the motivation to keep going through Demon's, and after that, motivation to finish them all. I should probably say that I feel like I've either made a thread similar to this, or I've seen one around, so if that is definitely the case, sorry about that. I'm pretty excited about playing the Souls series now, and I wanted to make a topic on the matter. I'm interested to know what you guys think of when it comes to specific aspects of these games (even ones I haven't mentioned above), as well as just in general.

• 
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By TobbRobb

@ntm: Depends on your playstyle. It's a faster game, and you can't stand still pretty much ever. It's balanced in a way where you are constantly in the face of your opponent and just dodging/attacking. Backing off can be very risky and sometimes just a straight up bad idea. So for players who took fights slow with a shield in Dark Souls, It can be a jarring/difficult change. But if you are experienced in other faster games like Bayonetta or played Dark Souls mostly with rolls. Then I'd say it's probably easier. The dodge is very, very forgiving on the timing and the system of getting health back + the mass amounts of healing you can carry makes it a generally less harsh experience than Dark Souls or Bayonetta for that matter.

EDIT: Though I will add, I think the first part of the game is a little off. The bossrun to the first boss if you don't find secret shortcuts is really long and tedious to fight through, and then the boss has a huge healthpool that is kind of a grind to take down. I think this first area is generally mispresentative of the rest of the game, where runs up to the bosses are shorter and you will do more damage. I know a lot of people who gave up in the early parts and that just bums me out, but it's really hard to say "it gets less frustrating" when that's literally all they've seen.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By NTM

@tobbrobb: Honestly, I find these games to be somewhat similar to Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty, some of the enemy/boss design, and also, health bars for bosses (I know, that's super minor). Ninja Gaiden is faster paced though, still requiring guarding at times, mainly for dodging though at opportune times, and is a lot shorter than these games with different stage setups. Is that close enough to the Bayonetta/Bloodborne you're talking about? I'm not too worried about the game, I think I'll get the handle of it quickly, but I'm just curious. I do play these games with shields, and taking it slow for the most part, unless it requires I change the tactic, though a change of pace with Bloodborne is welcome. It's all about learning the way these games play; the way enemies and bosses work, and after the initial hump, it's not too bad. As for giving up in Bloodborne early on, once I get that far after I finish this game (Dark Souls), and then Dark Souls 2, there's no chance I'll want to quit early in the game.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Bayonetta to me is the closest comparison, mostly because you tend to stick really close to opponents and do fairly lenient one button dodges. If I remember right (I probably don't) Ninja Gaiden had more running around and just plain not standing in the wrong spots? It's probably been 10 years since I played one, but I just remember that first game being daaaaaaaaaamn hard. I beat original DMC3 and still thought NG felt ridiculously difficult. I guess I was maybe just missing something? Might be worth a revisit.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

There is only one lord of the rings, and he. does. not. share. POWER!

There is only souls game for me, and that. is. DEMONS!

(I'll beat it one day)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: It's been a long time since I've played it as well. That said, I was 14 when I first went through it, and I consider myself a much better player now, and I think if you can beat these games, you can certainly beat Ninja Gaiden. Did you ever finish the game, or are you simply referring to the challenge the hard mode possessed? I think I might still like Ninja Gaiden, but honestly, my feelings of that style of game has differed over the years, so it's the reason I never finished either of the Bayonetta games: I just didn't enjoy them enough. Ninja Gaiden might be different. I don't think this'll transition to Bloodborne though. I'd wager to say playing the game on hard might be a fine challenge, and playing these kinds of games really boosts ones confidence in trying. Well, if you ever wanted to go back to the first Ninja Gaiden. Oh and yeah, you'd be correct, it was running around, not being too close to enemies. I was mainly referring to how I thought the Souls games had some similar elements beyond just challenge. You saying Bayonetta reminded me of that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By NTM

Well. I just stopped playing, but I've played over 15 hours in one sitting minus bathroom breaks, taking the dog out, and eating. Anor Londo was a great place to gain souls fast. I thought Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough were intense, like a lot of the bosses; they took my health down fast enough that it made me worried as I battled them, but my strength and weapon were powerful enough to kill them in five or six hits. The Centipede Demon was extremely easy, but unfortunately for that fight, I died because I was fighting the camera rather than the actual boss. I also beat Ceaseless Discharge way earlier. He was still a challenge, and I believe I had one hit to go before I was going to die. His attacks were really hard to dodge, so I had to get lucky by running back and forth, and hoping his attacks were specific so it didn't get me. Someone that I felt was bordering on cheap, and one I feel is probably the worst boss in both games I've played so far; the last boss I beat and died on five times, was Bed of Chaos. He's super easy, but his attacks are nonstop as I tried to run to the middle. My tactic, like the one I used on the Moonlight Butterfly was to take off all my armor; it worked. His design I didn't like. Maybe if I had thought of running in with nothing on, my feelings would be different, but that sucked. I am now back in New Londo Ruins. I lowered the water and am going to see what's in there. While I don't get the feeling that it's longer (I mean, it feels like I've played Demon's as long), I have definitely spent more hours in this game already than I did Demon's Souls.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Bed of Chaos is by far the worst boss in the game, and one of the worst in the entire franchise. You'll find few who will dispute that.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SethMode  Online

I am one of those deviants that calls Dark Souls 2 (Scholar of the First Sin no less -- it was the first time I played it) as my favorite. From there, I would probably go:

2. Demon's Souls
3. Dark Souls 3 (we'll see if this is just a case of it being new)
4. Bloodborne
5. Dark Souls

Dark Souls is the one that I had to basically force myself to finish for some reason. Love a lot of things about it and find it to be a wonder, but it just never held me like the other 4 have. It feels dirty to say that considering how beloved it is.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By NTM

@tobbrobb: Good to know he's not a constant later on. I doubted that would be the case. I hope to beat the game either later tonight, or tomorrow. That said, there seems to be a lot of bosses still, not so much required, but optional (I looked at a list of bosses on the wiki). I feel like I'm going to the last few places and finishing it up, but that may not be the case.

--

Edit - Not a knock on the game, but I just beat the four kings quickly (before I have to take the dog to the park). They killed me once. The thing with the bosses is that they all either have a lot of health that takes time to whittle down as you're busy trying to evade/block their attacks, or they hit super hard but die fast. It to me isn't that big of a challenge as long as you're focused obviously. I will never be the best at these games, but I think a lot of people that are worried it's just too hard aren't correct and should play these if they're at all interested. I think I'm a pretty good video game player all around, but I want to say that if I can do it, others certainly can with understanding of how the game works.

Edit 3 - Well, I guess I'm on the final guy. That said, I was a bit surprised, because I did look at a wiki and noticed that there were still a handful of bosses. I haven't yet gone to the Painted World of Ariamis. That is easy to miss if you don't explore enough, which I unfortunately didn't in this case. I wondered if I could jump down as I was riding up the elevator, but I never took the chance, or would I have found anything and just moved on if I had most likely. So now I'm back in Northern Undead Asylum. The Stray Demon welcomed me by surprise there, but he was like the previous ones, and was quite easy. I kind of thought I would have to put up more of a fight throughout the game, but it wasn't that bad. Great game though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By NTM

@tobbrobb: Just beat Dark Souls. Great game. I think I enjoyed my time with both Demon's and Dark Souls the same overall. The final boss was pretty easy, but I had to grind a bit in the end there in Anor Londo to get my strength up to 50 so I could use a specific shield. Like a lot of the bosses, I just had to run backwards with my shield up, waiting for a moment to strike. He took about seven hits. Now to buy the other games.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i wanna say demons souls but dark souls was just better
in order it would be
dark souls
demons souls
dark souls 3
bloodborne
dark souls 2

out of all of them i was really dissapointed in ds2. bloodborne was also not all that great in my opinion if you compare it to the others. and thats basically only because of the whole gun mechanic. i felt i was kinda forcing you to play a specific way. also that i pretty much never really changed weapon, only to try something different.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By ProfessorK

It's a tough choice between Demon's and Dark 1 but I chose Demon's as I really had more fun being an invisible broken mage in that game more than being a ninja flipping knight. That and status effects meant something, Plague was some scary shit and bleeding/poison made people freak out and some tough enemies laughable. Once you got your build set it just clicked for me better in Demon's than any other souls game for me 3 included. All in all I had a lot more fun and didn't pay any credence to "Bowing Invaders" or meta.

That said 1 and 3 have the most incredible level design of most any game I have played to date, that Ashen Lake tho.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By NTM

Darn. Fred Meyer (a store really only on the west coast, so I understand if you don't know what that is) didn't have Dark Souls 2 on PS4. It only had one copy of Dark Souls 2 game of the year edition on PS3 in a bargain bin which I had to dig up. I don't want that version. They only had one copy of Bloodborne and a few copies of Dark Souls 3. I didn't get anything though. I want to buy them all at once. Maybe GameStop tomorrow; I'm sure they have it... I hope. New. In both Dark and Demon's, I think the hardest boss I fought was probably Ceaseless Discharge. I also had some trouble with Old Hero. Him and Ceaseless Discharge were the only ones I had to go and do a bunch of other stuff as I leveled up to even beat. As for soundtracks, I liked both, but I think Demon's Souls had a more memorable one and I thought it was more imposing sounding. I liked Dark Souls' setting slightly more, mainly because its vista's were prettier, though in Demon's Souls, when you're on the bridge where the red dragon is, you can look out over a huge town/city-like area, which left a lot to my imagination. Anyone curious as to what these places are like when it's not demon filled? Overall gameplay balances out even to me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grillbar: Did you play the original Dark Souls 2, or Scholar of the first Sin? What was disappointing about it? I'm excited to play it when I can. Though I am really enjoying the Souls style of gameplay, going to Bloodborne I think will be a nice change of pace before getting back into the last Souls game.

@professork: Hm. I don't know. I plan on playing all the Souls games about the same way if the game allows it, so for me, both Demon's and Dark Souls were as fun as one another. I did what I think most people consider the typical, sword and shield way. I played a knight in both. Did you play them more than once, or play them both differently from the get-go? Could you not do the same in both to some degree? I didn't have any issue with plague in Demon's. In Dark Souls though, curse was an issue if that happened, though it was also helpful.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Love them all I'd have to say. I started way back when with Demons Souls and I think they've all been pretty equal in my book.

I don't have any of the problems with DS2 like others seem to have. Each game is unique in their own ways.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So about a boss in Bloodborne... was the Witch of Hemwick supposed to be difficult? Because I just beat her without getting hit once. I'm not bragging I'm just asking, because all she did was teleport around and summon those things with the sickles.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see some people still to this day being like "I don't understand the Dark Souls II hate"

Understand that it's not hate, it's just criticism. If you're looking for a very VERY good analysis on the game's issues, here's a fantastic video from one of the best video game based channels. I urge everyone to watch it. Dark Souls II is a very good game just with more problems and oversights than the other games in the series.

Loading Video...

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

No, that boss is pretty easy and typically considered the easiest in the game. They're more of a puzzle boss than anything. Although I have seen some players run into trouble with that boss.

So about a boss in Bloodborne... was the Witch of Hemwick supposed to be difficult? Because I just beat her without getting hit once. I'm not bragging I'm just asking, because all she did was teleport around and summon those things with the sickles.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, Darksouls III, Demon Souls

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see some people still to this day being like "I don't understand the Dark Souls II hate"

Understand that it's not hate, it's just criticism. If you're looking for a very VERY good analysis on the game's issues, here's a fantastic video from one of the best video game based channels. I urge everyone to watch it. Dark Souls II is a very good game just with more problems and oversights than the other games in the series.

Loading Video...

Why does Danny O'Dwyer sound so weird?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NTM

I just played The Witcher 3 for a while, and playing 100 hours of Souls games has gotten me confused, as I kept trying to press the Souls buttons to block, attack, and sprint. In The Witcher 3, I think it's easy to draw some comparisons to the Souls games, but tactics can't be deployed the same, right down to auto targeting. I hardly did that in the 200 plus hours I spent with The Witcher 3, but I tried it here. It's implemented very similarly, even the same button, but it's just easier to not do that. He already targets on to them and back at another enemy without it. I'm reading the Dark Souls story more in depth right now, and jeez. I am interested in the lore, but it doesn't spell it out to you in the games, or I just wasn't paying well enough attention. I'm reading about Witch of Izalith. I remember in the intro it talks about her, and her daughters.

I don't remember it mentioning a son. Anyways, I look on the wiki about it as I was thinking 'wait, I never encountered any of the daughters of chaos, I must have missed some stuff then', but then I read that some of the bosses like Quelaag was one, Ceaseless Discharge was the son, and the others you encounter throughout as well. Then I also read about how the Witch of Izalith herself was enveloped into the most annoying boss in the game, Bed of Chaos. How she tried to recreate the first flame, which failed, and that's the reason Lost Izalith was lava filled. I like it, but disappointed I couldn't catch this stuff in the game. I'm pretty sure the intro may have said this stuff, but I remember the image more than all the words said, and maybe there's an NPC that talks about it? Having to look outside of the game for it, while okay, is... Well, disappointing I guess. Lost Izalith is just an example.

I would have loved to know the places history, so I have more context, because honestly, as I went through it, I thought 'okay, this game has a lava place, an snowy place, a forest place. Checks the boxes of places to visit', but thought of a story behind it, while I knew one was probably there, was blank in my mind for the most part in terms of going even that deep. I knew these games didn't shove the stuff in your face though. I'm not going to read about it as I go through it because I don't want to potentially spoil something.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By NTM

Played a couple hours of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. I like it, but it feels more like a last-gen game than even the first Dark Souls did, which I played on PS3. The animations feel stiffer to me, so in that regard, it doesn't feel as good. That said, the near constant 60fps and 1080p is nice. It's more Souls though, so I'm enjoying it. I feel like it's a bit easier, though with that in mind, I died way more than I normally would simply due to the fact I wasn't being as careful as I normally would. Only reason I'm not playing now is because I got kind of tired, and I wanted to watch something.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

15 hours into DS3 has my fondness for Bloodborne growing. The combat and overall mood of the game was a step in a better direction for the Souls games. Going back to regular Dark Souls feels like the franchise leaving behind some of the better ideas Bloodborne brought to the table. And there was a certain fidelity to the animations that were great looking that seem to be missing from DS3.

Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > DS2/DS3 (we shall see if DS3 will get better)

Bloodborne is probably the best game of the group but you can't take away that first playthrough of Dark Souls when it all was new and awesome.

Well, I've come around on DS3 a lot more than my initial impressions. I feel like the game gets much better after the Catacombs area.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

I am interested in the lore, but it doesn't spell it out to you in the games, or I just wasn't paying well enough attention. I'm reading about Witch of Izalith. I remember in the intro it talks about her, and her daughters.

I don't remember it mentioning a son. Anyways, I look on the wiki about it as I was thinking 'wait, I never encountered any of the daughters of chaos, I must have missed some stuff then', but then I read that some of the bosses like Quelaag was one, Ceaseless Discharge was the son, and the others you encounter throughout as well. Then I also read about how the Witch of Izalith herself was enveloped into the most annoying boss in the game, Bed of Chaos. How she tried to recreate the first flame, which failed, and that's the reason Lost Izalith was lava filled.

Item descriptions, dude.

Example:

"Soul of the Bed of Chaos and the mother of all demons. This Lord Soul was found at the dawn of the Age of Fire.

The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which would become the source of all demons, and is more than enough to satiate the Lordvessel."

That's the item description for the soul you get from defeating Bed of Chaos. You don't have to go outside the game to get any of the lore-- the only reason people know that stuff to begin with is because it's in the game.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Quantris

@teddie:

@teddie said:
@ntm said:

I am interested in the lore, but it doesn't spell it out to you in the games, or I just wasn't paying well enough attention. I'm reading about Witch of Izalith. I remember in the intro it talks about her, and her daughters.

I don't remember it mentioning a son. Anyways, I look on the wiki about it as I was thinking 'wait, I never encountered any of the daughters of chaos, I must have missed some stuff then', but then I read that some of the bosses like Quelaag was one, Ceaseless Discharge was the son, and the others you encounter throughout as well. Then I also read about how the Witch of Izalith herself was enveloped into the most annoying boss in the game, Bed of Chaos. How she tried to recreate the first flame, which failed, and that's the reason Lost Izalith was lava filled.

Item descriptions, dude.

Example:

"Soul of the Bed of Chaos and the mother of all demons. This Lord Soul was found at the dawn of the Age of Fire.

The Witch of Izalith attempted to duplicate the First Flame from a soul, but instead created a distorted being of chaos and fire. Its power formed a bed of life which would become the source of all demons, and is more than enough to satiate the Lordvessel."

That's the item description for the soul you get from defeating Bed of Chaos. You don't have to go outside the game to get any of the lore-- the only reason people know that stuff to begin with is because it's in the game.

For this particular part of the lore, the NPC Lost Quelana also makes some very relevant comments if you talk to her at the right times. Not to mention talking to the Fair Lady while wearing the Old Witch's Ring.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: Yeah, you're correct. I didn't think about the item description story stuff. Honestly, I just use the soul right then and there once I get it. My mistake. Thanks for reminding me that this was a thing, which means I totally missed out on a lot of story stuff in game. I shouldn't have blamed the game in that respect, though I did say I wasn't paying enough attention.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NTM
@crazybagman said:
@frostyryan said:

Loading Video...

Why does Danny O'Dwyer sound so weird?

First time watching since I didn't want to spoil anything, but now that I beat it... And dang, it does sound like Danny! Wow. Just a slightly higher pitched voice. As for what he's saying in the video, I find it interesting. Some thing I agree with, others I don't. Also brings up points I didn't think about. Bosses in the past games didn't have lock on? Hm. I know two had it, but playing them all back to back, it felt so similar. I guess it is different now that I think about it. Watching more, I agree with a lot of it. I noticed the inconsistency of the environments as well. A lot of good points made here, though I think it's a lot of minor things.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I imagine playing them back to back would make the issues MORE apparent, as they did for me.

Also Matthew Matosis is always much more critical than the average player so lots of stuff he brings up will be minor yeah. I should point out I really really like Dark Souls II and I myself am not as critical as Matosis. Great game but not a masterpiece like Demons, Dark, and BB in my opinion.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By NTM

@frostyryan: Hey, sorry. I don't know what's up, but I didn't get this message. I just came on to report that I am all done with mainline Bloodborne, but I just have to finish the DLC stuff. I fought Ludwig a few times, and after a while got him a little more than half way down, but still wasn't powerful enough; or was, but didn't care to take the chance then. It's all I have left to do now though, so I am going to go try and finish it all today. As for the topic now of which I made, I am not sure which is the best. I really enjoyed Bloodborne though. It think, and not saying this is bad, but I think it was shorter, and somewhat less challenging than the Souls games. As for the video, there was a lot I agreed with. I don't usually watch those kinds of videos, especially all the way through, but I liked what he had to say. I would say I agree with a lot of what he said, but it wouldn't have made me personally disappointed in the game if I had played the games on release I think, nor did any of it when I had. Anyways, in about, I say ten hours or less I'll have Bloodborne beaten, and then it's onto the final game of Souls. It was fun.

---

Edit - I beat Ludwig, and then beat the two somewhat difficult hunters to reach the next lamp. I didn't go further. Earlier in the game, to get a bunch of blood echoes, I sold a bunch of my health as I had over 150 or so, and now, I don't have any in my supply, so now I have to go back through an area and stock up, which is also a fine way to get as many echoes as possible as I do so. I have to say, there's no way, at least for how I want to get through (that is, not dying a bunch in attempts), that the DLC is ready to go for players level 63. I was about 67 when I started it, and I could get through the first part up to Ludwig, though it was definitely more challenging than the rest of the stuff in the game up to that point, and I found it darn near impossible to beat Ludwig then. I had a challenge just fighting him at my current level of 106 (I think it is). Something that didn't happen as much in Bloodborne as it had in the Souls games, is that for the majority of bosses, my hands would sweat, and somewhere half way through the fight, I keep feel my heart beat through my neck. My hands didn't sweat once in this game, and it wasn't too often that I felt my pulse. Feeling my pulse did happen (without sweating hands though) with Ludwig. Looking back at the beginning of this thread, it seems it's taken me a month to get through these games. Hm. Souls games is a month long of gaming.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NTM

@seikenfreak: Yeah, so far I am finding them all about equal overall. It may be different if I played them from release, but I kind of doubt it.

@bill_mcneal: I think, from what I read, she is considered to be one of the easier ones, and yes, she very much was. I didn't even fight the things she spawned after the first few. I just walked around trying to bump into her so I could hit her. She was very easy; arguably the easiest one in the game to me.

@quantris: I never encountered Quelana. Now that I read it, it says you have to upgrade pyromancy. I didn't really do that at all. I also never encountered The Fairy Lady unfortunately. These are probably reasons why I brought up Izalith.

---

Okay. As for Bloodborne, I guess I have DLC, and the Upper Cathedral Wards to go... I saw the item on the body inside the elevator shaft-looking area, which was the door key there, and tried getting it for a while, but couldn't figure out how, so I just moved on as I just thought it was some item I could do without, since I was going to beat it anyways. I got it, and went in there. That place is pretty challenging even for my level. I mean, I can beat it, but I'm saying it's much harder than the normal stuff, similar to the DLC content. I turned around and left once three werewolf enemies dropped from the chandeliers. It's not that they don't die quick enough, but they can kill me quite quickly, so I didn't want to take that chance. Not sure what part I'll beat first. I also totally forget that I could just buy health potions, so that's what I'm doing now. Makes it much faster than I was going to do, which was keep killing guys in a specific area. It's one of those 'I'm an idiot' moments, to a small degree.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually don't see Quelana til NG+. You need something like a +10 flame which I don't grab til the second run.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By NTM

@shindig: Hm, yeah. I'm not likely to play the new game plus honestly. Well, came on to say I beat the Bloodborne DLC. The first boss, Ludwig was the hardest part, otherwise it wasn't that bad. I beat all three of the other bosses on my first go, though they were probably the more intense bosses in the game. Now onto Upper Cathedral Ward. I hear that has the hardest boss in the game aside from the final boss.

Edit - Crud. I take that back. I have another area and boss to go. I have to fight Orphan of Kos.

Edit 2 - Okay, got to him. I died three times. He's a more difficult one. I got his health down to half. I guess it's back to farming a bit to upgrade.

Crayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to vote Bloodborne but accidentally voted Dark Souls 3. Can someone change the vote. I like Bloodborne the best as it has the best game play. Fast pace with weapon transformation. Don't care about Dark Souls sorcery, pyromancy since I always play melee. Dark Souls 3 however has the best boss battle among them. I prefer game play over boss battle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.