Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

Found some new gameplay footage.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mrcraggle

It's been taken down now but it did give a good look at how the game actually plays.

The gameplay is split into 2 parts judging from the video. You'll be walking around as your character with AI partners, in this case Butters. He looks to be tagging along with you until you actually engage in combat which i'll cover shortly. As you walk around the world, you can use the new kids special powers as he is the "Dragon Lord" which you see in effect as you use your powers to move past obstacles in your way and even shrink yourself to reach a new area but for most of this, you'll be using a sling shot to take out enemies from far away and interact with distant objects. Once engaged in combat, it becomes a turn-based battle with a wheel in which to choose what you'd typically see but with maybe not so typical powers. The final battle concludes with a face off with the new kid and Cartman who dishes out a deadly fart finisher but players are prompted to mash the A button to repel the onslaught.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So is this game actually coming out or what

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

video's down

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Loading Video...

Try this one. They should really release an official video, because this game looks amazing. I was really blown away at how it looks exactly like the show, you really can't tell the difference.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Krullban

@tearhead said:
    Loading Video...

Try this one. They should really release an official video, because this game looks amazing. I was really blown away at how it looks exactly like the show, you really can't tell the difference.

I'm surprised a dailymotion video got taken down but a youtube one is still up.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@tearhead said:
    Loading Video...

I'm surprised a dailymotion video got taken down but a youtube one is still up.

I am an absolute South Park junkie and I consider a couple of Obsidian's games great, yet I have no idea what the hell I'm watching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.