Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

So what do you guys think the DLC will be (if any)?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished the game, loved every moment of it. I felt that what made it such a success is that every moment, from start to finish, stays as a South Park video game. It never becomes just a generic turn-based RPG, if that makes sense.
    As such, I'm hoping for some DLC to come out a few months down the track, but think that there may be a chance of this not occurring due to the troubled, long development the game had in the first place (Parker and Stone may not want to be involved again, etc).
    In all honesty, I'd be even down for some combat arena style DLC, mainly because I enjoyed the combat quite a bit, just wished that it had been a bit harder (I was playing on hardcore, and I also think the mage class is a bit overpowered).
    The ending does leave for more events to occur in South Park, especially since most of them can just be fuelled by the Kids' imagination (I always found that to be endearing of the main kid characters in South Park).
    Thoughts, anybody else?

Scofthe7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Scofthe7seas

If you google up the game with DLC in your search, you should run across a 1-2 year old article where Trey says no DLC. We'll see though. If you watch older trailers, there was CLEARLY stuff cut out from the final game.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Trey says there'll be no DLC, I'd like to see Towelie, midgets, Tom Cruise finally come out of the closet, and some other things I cannot think of at this point in time.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@scofthe7seas:

This guy has the right idea.

They'll build some stuff out of the cut content. Rise of the Crab-people would be my pick.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: Towelie isn't in?! I'm loving the game so far but that sucks. At least chefs in, he was my favorite when i used to watch it waaaaay back.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scofthe7seas:

Yeah, I agree, it definitely feels like as though there was meant to be another full day in between defeating Clyde and having Kenny betray you. My interest is mainly raised by the 'Downloadable Content' option on the main menu. Really hope that's going to go beyond being able to buy the pre-order bonuses.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Even though Trey says there'll be no DLC, I'd like to see Towelie, midgets, Tom Cruise finally come out of the closet, and some other things I cannot think of at this point in time.

Isn't there an option on the start screen that says "downloadable content"?

There was a considerable lack of Christmas Critters, so they should show up

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#8  Edited By tearhead

If you didn't see Christmas Critters during your playthrough, you should explore a bit more.

Scofthe7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scofthe7seas

@rubberbabybuggybumpers said:

Isn't there an option on the start screen that says "downloadable content"?

(shrug) I'm just pointing out what the man said. He seemed pretty emphatic about it also though. We'll see; The game isn't horribly long and I definitely wouldn't mind more content. But things being "cut out" and then placed in later for purchase seems to be the very concept that Trey was against. If it were EA, I'd say there would be no question if there will be DLC. But who knows?

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By PimblyCharles

@hayt said:

@scofthe7seas:

This guy has the right idea.

They'll build some stuff out of the cut content. Rise of the Crab-people would be my pick.

Yeah it was a bit disappointing when you could go into the sewers and see the existence of crab people, but there was no story line arc involving them or battling them.

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: Towelie isn't in?! I'm loving the game so far but that sucks. At least chefs in, he was my favorite when i used to watch it waaaaay back.

Seeing Towelie in the loading screens is like a tease since he's one of my favorite South Park characters. It'd be great if DLC included a Towelie story line!

I'm incredibly doubtful this will ever see any DLC, but one can hope! I haven't been this addicted to a game and story since Bioshock Infinite last year. This coming from a duder who plays all the hottest new releases and plenty of indies. Maybe it's my love for the show, but I couldn't have asked for a better game.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All that "No DLC" stuff was before they were published by Ubisoft I think. I'd say there will be DLC. Hopefully it will be more quests and maybe a new buddy. It will probably be over priced and a little short. And I'll probably still buy it.

ChosenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I remember reading a recent article that said there will be serveral self-contained DLC "episodes." I remember a moment in the game that sounded like they were hinting at something.

After you complete the rumor quest for the girls a few of them mention an upcoming slumber party. Wendy also leaves a message on facebook saying anyone who can read her message is invited.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well, I hope there's gonna be DLC no matter Trey's comments on it so far.

As for what could happen in the DLC. Manbearpig's revenge!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.