Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spec Ops: The Line

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

FUBAR is really FUBAR

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jfunkhouser

About 1/3 through on FUBAR. Holy shit. It's no joke. Best named difficulty level ever. Haven't got stuck yet, but I can imagine the sequence when you are alone for a bit is gonna be a bitch. I feel the level of control is not up to the fidelity I need to safely maneuver. So, anyone got any tips to share?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

This will probably be no help to you, but I played through the game on Normal difficulty so I could blow through it and check out the story and never really got stuck during any segments. I don't even remember specifically what the FUBAR level was.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@MB said:

This will probably be no help to you, but I played through the game on Normal difficulty so I could blow through it and check out the story and never really got stuck during any segments. I don't even remember specifically what the FUBAR level was.

FUBAR is the hardest difficulty level. You unlock after completing the game on Hard, I think.

I got through a few chapters on FUBAR and, goddamn is it hard.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

@Oldirtybearon: Oh, thanks. Yeah, I never really felt compelled to play more after I finished the story, which took me about five hours. It was fun and everything, but that was enough. The shooting just wasn't good enough to warrant a second playthrough, especially without any sort of persistent progression.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grillbar

the game is actually fairly easy, the tactic is like every other game.use cover every second of a firefight.

never stay out in the open.

priorities the enemy's on screen, find out who pose the biggest threat and take them out first, at the same time find out wich are the most safe to take out.

find the guns that works the best for you. for me it was the standard starter assult rifle and a macchine gun, though on later levels the shotgun proved good results since it was helpful when the enemy was charging your cover, to just lean out and empty a clip on them.

and lastly i think its chapter 11 but im not sure, you are going to destroy your controller since just warning you the level where you are on the trucks with the water tanks and armed with a grenade launcher try it a few times find out where you need to priorities when you get to angry quit and leave it alone, come back later when you have calmed down a bit. helped me alot

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jfunkhouser

Yeah, on my hard playthrough I found the 416 to be pretty effective for those medium - long range headshots with the selectable scope and single fire. Backed it up with a magnum or a shotgun. The magnum is very effective, since its a one-shot kill and you can snipe almost as good as with a sniper rifle. Thing is with the cover though, many times the enemies are on an elevation, and if there is two of them you're smoked, even behind cover.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.