Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spec Ops: The Line

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

Green Man Gaming $37.50 deal

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AssInAss

Green Man Gaming Spec Ops: The Line $37.50

Bought PC version, after playing the well-optimised Steam demo.

A little miffed have to wait for June 28th to play it here in Europe :P

I really hope they don't drop the ball on the heavily-marketed narrative and Heart of Darkness themes, so much potential.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

@AssInAss: Hate to say this but I've been hearing that its 4 hours long, and that the campaign wasn't special. I was looking forward to this game but now I don't know.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By pantzing_nome

@falserelic: That's disappointing to hear, hopefully the game will have some good multiplayer if the campaign is that short.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bomb, financial loss

Terrible in every way

Complete disaster

That is my poem about Spec Ops: The Line

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

@falserelic said:

@AssInAss: Hate to say this but I've been hearing that its 4 hours long, and that the campaign wasn't special. I was looking forward to this game but now I don't know.

where have you heard this?

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Zacagawea: did you get an early copy?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

@pantzing_nome said:

@falserelic: That's disappointing to hear, hopefully the game will have some good multiplayer if the campaign is that short.

I've seen some multiplayer vids, and read a guys review of it. He said it was pretty bad, and after watching the online matches I see why he didn't like it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

On gamespot and a guy had a whole walkthrough of the game on youtube. He said it was pretty short.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeF

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

On gamespot and a guy had a whole walkthrough of the game on youtube. He said it was pretty short.

from gamespot staff or some random forum person?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

Forum person, I usually ignore them until I played the game. But when alot of people start saying the game ain't worth 60 bucks. Then I start thinking if I should really buy the game.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeF

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

Forum person, I usually ignore them until I played the game. But when alot of people start saying the game ain't worth 60 bucks. Then I start thinking if I should really buy the game.

You should maybe wait until you hear that from more trustworthy people. All the interviews (Game Informer podcast with the writer, Corey Davis' guest appearance on Weekend Confirmed) I've heard recently simply made it sound too good to dismiss on account of random internet people.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falserelic

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

@DeF said:

@falserelic said:

You should maybe wait until you hear that from more trustworthy people. All the interviews (Game Informer podcast with the writer, Corey Davis' guest appearance on Weekend Confirmed) I've heard recently simply made it sound too good to dismiss on account of random internet people.

Well see I really do hope the game turns out worth while.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GameAnyone is posting a playthrough of the game, it isn't finished yet, but maybe check out some of it if you're in doubt.

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/16128.html

EDIT: I'm not going to guesstimate the length of the game, but there are 20 achievements that looks like they are related to campaign progression, if we assume that they all are awarded at the end of each Chapter then the game would have 20 chapters, and the walkthrough on GameAnyone is at just over 2 hours for the first eight chapters.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

I heard there's 15 chapters in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.