Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spec Ops: The Line

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

Spec ops the line 75% off @ Steam! :D

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

I have heard some good stuff about this game regarding the story, more specifically how it handles certain issues in war.

So I bought the game for 5 euro at steam (I was surprised the regular price was at 20 Euro, is this not a full retail game?).

Looking forwarding to be playing this bad boy!

Edit: I am not sure if this sale applies to Europeans only

Edit2: 4.99 Pounds for English duders!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AthleticShark

Got it during the Xmas sale and after playing just the first mission, it is a good game. I heave heard good things about the story and the game looks great on PC.

It is just your typical 3rd person cover shooter though. Nothing special gameplay wise really.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Lol is this a £5/$5/€5 dealy? Where English people end up paying a bunch more than everyone else?

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Arebuckle

@AlexW00d: Yep, it's £4.99 for us.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Got this on PC for sale in the Amazon pack with Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10. Great with the controller and it looked very nice graphically. Very interesting game.

I think the combat is underrated too besides the fact that the weapons don't sound powerful enough. I hate when games miss out on that and it was especially glaring in a game that is all about the brutality of war. I loved how the weapons did feel powerful though in the gameplay. It was nice playing a cover shooter where the enemies went down in one or two shots. With the squad commands it made the combat feel a bit more tactical than your average TPS.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By icicle7x3

Its $7.49 in the US actually.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

Completely worth buying for anyone on the fence, especially at that price.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By artelinarose

Wellp, I just got paid and then this dropped when I was on the fence about it during the Winter Sale. Here we go.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ch3burashka

Christmas called - it wanted to let you know this is old news.

Don't mean to be an asshole, but it's somewhat redundant to post about deals right after Steams 2-week-long dealathon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT

@CH3BURASHKA said:

Don't mean to be an asshole, but it's somewhat redundant to post about deals right after Steams 2-week-long dealathon.

Not when it's a part of this weeks Midweek Madness Sale.

If someone skipped it during the Holiday Sale, then this thread let's them know they've got another chance. Nothin wrong with that.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't mean to be an asshole, but I'm going to be one.

If you don't think the thread should be there, don't look and don't post. Mods do their jobs.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amir90

@HellBound:I am fine with that. Now I hope binary domain will go on a similiar sale in the future :)

@AlexW00d: Well, to put it like this. How much does a brand new game cost in the UK? Because I can bet it costs less than Scandinavia. Many Norwegians import games from play.com and amazon.uk.

Edit: I don't have any money left, so this isn't a bet x)

@Icicle7x3: With the current currency, you would only pay 1 more dollar than non-UK people

@TheHT said:

@CH3BURASHKA said:

Not when it's a part of this weeks Midweek Madness Sale.

If someone skipped it during the Holiday Sale, then this thread let's them know they've got another chance. Nothin wrong with that.

This is what happened to me, I was on the fence on a lot of games.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

@amir90: I imagine Scandinavians pay more too, but then the average wage in Sweden and Norway is over twice than the UK. Even in the US where everything is cheap as hell the average wage is higher. That was what I was getting at.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By colourful_hippie

@ArtisanBreads said:

Got this on PC for sale in the Amazon pack with Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10. Great with the controller and it looked very nice graphically. Very interesting game.

I think the combat is underrated too besides the fact that the weapons don't sound powerful enough. I hate when games miss out on that and it was especially glaring in a game that is all about the brutality of war. I loved how the weapons did feel powerful though in the gameplay. It was nice playing a cover shooter where the enemies went down in one or two shots. With the squad commands it made the combat feel a bit more tactical than your average TPS.

Underrated? I still have yet to finish the game because the shooting is boring me to tears. The guns feel and sound terrible, the aiming could be tighter, and well, there are just better third-person shooters. I can't play this game in long stretches because I can't bring myself to slog through more of the combat.

(and I'm playing on easy)

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By amir90

@AlexW00d: That is true

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Underrated? I still have yet to finish the game because the shooting is boring me to tears. The guns feel and sound terrible, the aiming could be tighter, and well, there are just better third-person shooters. I can't play this game in long stretches because I can't bring myself to slog through more of the combat.

(and I'm playing on easy)

It's underrated to me.

Honestly Max Payne 3 puts all TPS games to shame but it's one of the better shooters as far as the guns feeling powerful, again, in the gameplay sense. They do sound terribly weak and as I said that's a shame for a game that's supposed to be brutal.

Not saying it's top of the line but I find it pretty damn good and bit tactical. I think that might be part of it as the tactical shooter has all but disappeared and I quite enjoy those (I was a huge fan of Rainbow Six Vegas). Not that tactical but has some of that feel.

Not going to be a popular opinion judging by what I've heard others say about the game. Cool if you don't like it man. It's definitely not bad at all though so not sure why you can't make it through on easy.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By AssInAss

Seriously, if you haven't had the chance to play this game now is the time! Expect this game to be coming up when talking about future games with focus on storytelling or being military games.

The "adaptive dialogue" innovation with Nolan North going from kill confirmed to "Kill FUCKING CONFIRMED" and having him growl RELOADING in the latter parts is worth the price of admission.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.