Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spec Ops: The Line

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Spec Ops: The Line is a narrative-driven modern military third-person shooter set in Dubai during the aftermath of a series of destructive sandstorms.

What happened to this game?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

It seems to have dropped off the radar. Nobody is talking about it. For a while the marketing kept us informed and interested, with Greg K doing interviews and such, but it's been a while since the last time we've heard about it. And Greg K isn't even working on the game anymore. What happened? Did some bad shit happen at the studio? I don't recall hearing anything.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

i don't think anything bad happened. in fact, isn't it in beta right now? 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was thinking the same thing earlier.  My guess is they are trying to kind of let people forget about it until closer to release since they delayed it (they did delay it, right?) so they can reach the marketing peak or whatever you want to call it right around release.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Nadafinga

Do you think we'll see more about this one at E3 this year?

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mattjam3000

I have had the closed beta on my xbox for MONTHS, every time I try to get a game there was either no one online or it straight up didnt work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.