Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Duder Explorers Club (Spelunky Daily Challenge Feb 8, 2014)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

The ghost came just as I started warming up Operation Blow Up City of Gold D: I really should have mapped a path to the exit as soon as I got there.

No Caption Provided

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Are we still going to do Speedrun Saturdays? If so, I clocked in at 58875 at around when the in-game timer was 10 minutes. I finished the stage and the timer showed 10:08, so i just deducted the last gem I'd picked up and called my score at that.

Video proof will come later, but I'm away all day, so I doubt if I'll get a chance to post it myself. I wonder if I can embed it in advance whilst it's still processing...

Loading Video...

Huzzah, it works!

Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is the run where I found out that the Plasma Cannon apparently gets destroyed if the Cannon's bullet bounces back and hits you (got revived by the Ankh afterwards, which I kept because I didn't feel like going to Hell this run). I looked all over the place and couldn't find it anywhere, and there were no holes at the bottom of the Mothership so it couldn't have fallen into the abyss.

This run would've been way better if I hadn't lost that Plasma Cannon. Oh well. It was still pretty decent.

No Caption Provided

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sometimes you just get shot in the face.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for anonymousbroccoli
    AnonymousBroccoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AnonymousBroccoli

PS3 daily had a teleporter in a crate in 1-2. That did not do me in; it was a simple stupid hit from a snake, bouncing me back into some spikes, just outside a shop in 1-3.

After that, I went on a mission to get Tunnel Man his key. First run, I was doing well; got a jetpack in the Black Market, made it into the Ice Caves. Missed a jump onto a Yeti, and got smashed across the level and into the abyss.

Second run, I got caught for several hits by a Tiki man's boomerang while holding a damsel. We all got stuck in a hole, and he finished off the one last heart when the group stun wore off.

Third run, I ran into a shop in the Mines with a jetpack. Couldn't afford it, so I used the rope & bomb trick Tommy taught on Friday's show to kill the shopkeeper. Carefully made my way through. Had to bomb a Yeti King off of the exit, from within a spike pit. Took some time to get the Kapala in the next level. Decided against attempting the Mothership more or less unarmed, and got the man his key.

Beyond that, I managed to get to Olmec, for the second time with no tunnels. Almost got him down to the lava, but ended up jumping and sticking into a wall where I thought I had room, and getting blowed up.

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By amarriner

Better run than the last couple of days.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.