Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

PS4 glitches?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

Since downloading the PS4 version and updating it, I've encountered numerous.... oddities, let's say. I just want to know if anyone else has ran into these:

- I logged in last night, had all my characters from the Vita. Logged in today, it's all gone.

- Leaderboard dates are all over the place. It also shows friends on some but none on others, despite them playing. Since it goes from 9/10 to 8/10 to 7/10, I'm assuming it's just going by the DD/MM format (although I'm in Chicago and it's always MM/DD!)

- Ran through the training area last night. Jumped on today and I have to go through the tutorial again.

- Played the daily challenge, and all my controls were set to X (Jump/whip/bomb/run were all the same button). Couldn't change it in the options so I'm wondering if it was some stupid daily restriction (I eventually died stupidly and changed it all to default).

Weird stuff. It's not what I've encountered every day since the Vita release so I'm curious what's going on.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I haven't tried the PS4 version but for me the leaderboards became even more fucked than normal about a week ago. I know it wasn't showing all my friends on my leaderboards before, but now it shows even less of them. There used to be 5 or 6 guys ahead of me in average daily top 10 (you and me have been going back and forth) and now we're at the top. I used to not be in the top 10 on my friends list for fastest time, now only 7 people are on my list.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mosespippy: Right, Vita leaderboards made it seem like everyone stopped playing a week ago or unfriended me together because of an offensively high score.

But the day before it screwed up, I know there were friends going. Plus I'm still ranked in the overall list so I don't know what's going on.

Spelunky was a consistent part of my day and now it's acting untrustworthy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea35e2382c82
    deactivated-5ea35e2382c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seems like how the saves transfer from PS3/Vita are weird, I had a Yama kill but the gem didn't show up, however I didn't have to do the tutorial again and had some characters unlocked.

Also some of the shadows seem to be glitching out

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Goldone

I had a weird glitch where I had to play through the tutorial 3 times because it wouldn't break open the door for the main game.

Also for the leaderboard does it not include your daily challenge score your overall best? I beat Yama yesterday with a score of $600,000+ but my top score is listed in the $100,000's. Hearing there may be problems with the leaderboards is a massive bummer though because I was ranked number 4 in the daily challenge yesterday and now it feels hollow.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I also had the glitch where I lost all progress upon starting the game. I had the PS3 version and it was weird that the first time i played it on PS4 my save data was transferred automatically. As far as the losing your progress thing, I just quit out of the game and went back in and everything was back.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Weird, I haven't had any issues with it yet. It brought in my stuff from the PS3 version just fine, and has worked fine since.

I hope they figure this stuff out.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i dont know the solution but i have a few ideas what could be wrong
    could it be that the full version only works as a full version trail. i know it sounds weird. but i had a similar issue a long fucking time ago where i downloaded the full game. so it basically downloaded the trail and the full game unlock thingy. and both were aplied but it still just worked as a trail and no save data was ofc saved. i deleted the game and downloaded it again and then it worked. to be fair psn was super choppy that day.
    or since it sounds like your also playing it on the vita, could it be some sort of cross data save/cloud save problem
    those are just what came to mind.

and i have personally not had any issues or glithes in the ps4 version. but that could be because i have not noticed it yet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.