Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

PS4 save being weird

SHAKIRALOVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't help myself by doing this, but my main PS4 account has Plus, my secondary account that I use for certain games doesn't.

My secondary account I use for Spelunky, I beat Olmec after 1700 deaths last week. I haven't killed Old Bitey or visited the gold city. But i've done quite alot with the game and I love it, however...

A couple of times, i've fired the game up and it's been at 0% save. I turn the PS4 off or log out and then back in and it's back. Today however, it was taking a while to save, maybe 20 seconds each time. I didn't turn it off when it was doing this, but I noticed that it took a while. I played for maybe an hour and then later on I fired it back up. It went straight to the tutorial and nothing else. So I did the usual, quit the game, turn the PS4 off and nope, just the tutorial. I decided, that fine. I'll restart the game from scratch. I did the tutorial and then, boom, everything was back to normal. I lost nothing, but I was forced to do the tutorial again.

Anyone else seen this before?

Thanks

Kavrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started having this same exact problem starting today. I'm hoping it's server/PSN related, as the game doesn't seem to load or save any data.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This was happening at the PS4 at launch, and I know the Vita version has had occasional buggy weeks.

But I finally quit Spelunky last month after accomplishing everything I wanted to so I haven't checked this. I can say that it's happened before, but always ended up getting fixed and my data was never permanently done for.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

There is one trophy for Spelunky that is glitched for me (unattainable). I think it has to do with cross-save. Derek Yu is known for not giving a fuck when it comes to fixing his game. At least the gameplay itself is relatively bug/glitch free.

Kavrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue appears to be fixed now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.