Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Weekly Duder Explorers Club (Daily Challenge, Feb 24-Mar 2)

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Changing up the format so as not to clog up the forums as much as we have been, I'll get the ball rolling with the weekly threads. And also with the impending failure. Timing-wise, in case others want to start threads in the future, Sunday after 7pm EST is when the thread needs to be rolled over into a new one, since midnight GMT is when the Daily Challenge seed rolls over.

At least i made it out of the mines this time? 2 dark levels though.. eugh.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

"I'm nailing this run! Wonder how high my score wi- oh I appear to have jumped directly into the ghost."

Loading Video...

Thanks for making the thread @jayc4life, didn't get round to uploading my run yesterday. Tough luck with that spider after avoiding the two shopkeepers in the level before!

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shot that man, and he didn't even care.

Loading Video...

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently my temporary new place of residence doesn't like my built-in laptop mic and makes things very echo-y. Decided to upload raw footage with the mic muted instead. Could have gone so much better. Probably lower quality too, because my desktop PC's still at home, and seems Spelunky still doesn't have cloud saves, so I'm back to vanilla Spelunky Guy for now until I re-unlock my Lime Sombrero duder and all my Journal pages.

Loading Video...

Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did really good today, especially after the shitshow that was yesterday (In which I played terribly and died in the mines with like $2000).

No Caption Provided

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeconner

I entered an aggro black market with no ropes and couldn't find a place to hide.

Loading Video...

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeconner: I see your aggro'd Black Market and raise you a snake pit without an exit strategy.

Loading Video...

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how the spikes got me, really thought I was on top of the Tiki! Was feeling a little cautious today so I didn't rob the shopkeeper in 1-2 and therefore didn't ghost mine the vault either, only for the shop to be irresistibly robbable in 1-3. Money left on the table.

Loading Video...

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also feeling cautious but decided not to rob until the black market.

Loading Video...

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By aajf

@jeconner: Heh, that's a real Spelunky death there. Was cool seeing you ghost the spider gems in 1-3, might have to try that some time. Gave you the flexibility not to rob that shop. Shame you missed out on the altar in 3-3, I accidentally took the damsel to the exit before even noticing it so I was only able to get the item.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey you guys... I did it you guys...

Loading Video...

Nearly threw it away in the city of gold. Also I was unaware that Yama can make skulls fall even after his hands have been destroyed, escaped with only 1HP largely as a result of that. But I did it!

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeconner

@aajf Congrats man!

I did a thing where I just jumped into the ghost instead of not jumping into the ghost.

Loading Video...

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jayc4life
    Loading Video...

Video has a huge flicker issue (BIG EPILEPSY DISCLAIMER), of which I know what it is and what's causing it, so that won't happen again. But this was easily my best run of the week. Another 4-2 run, as I inch closer and closer to the golden goal of making it to Olmec during a Daily. The rest of my runs this week were admittedly not great.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aajf

I appear to have made some sort of breakthrough:

Loading Video...

I thought I had squandered the chance of getting the Kapala because I accidentally took the dog to the exit in 1-2, but happily I got it later and found a conveniently placed mummy in the city of gold to massively boost my HP, which helped a great deal in hell and against Yama. Really Olmec was the toughest thing today because I was very low on bombs [I was very wasteful in the black market] and had to use him to make the entire hole.

edit - apparently the video hasn't finished processing so the embed doesn't work. Youtube button in the bottom right does, though the quality is even worse than usual until it's done. My bad!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.