Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows sees Spider-Man facing off against nemesis Venom and his army of Symbiotes with the help of both Marvel heroes and villains.

Fucking Wolverine

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

You know one thing that pisses me off is all the over-coverage of Wolverine in every damn Marvel title.  It's no longer X-men. It's no longer Spider-man. Or even Fantastic Four.  It's now: Wolverine & the X-men or Spider-man & Wolverine. Or Fantastic Four (featuring Wolverine), just to sell their damn comic books.  And now you can't even get a Spider-man game without the Invincible Jerk playing some critical role.  You think people would be tired of him after all being so oversold for the past several years.

I can picture the guys over at Marvel making a new comic...Let's make the hero purple-colored & his origin is a genetic defect. He has X abilities & features. Oh shit!  We better put Wolverine in the first 12 issues, otherwise the comic may not sell...! 

I think what they should do is just create ONE comic at Marvel. Call it, oh I don't know..how about WOLVERINE?  They can make it a 200 page tie-in for $200 and then nobody has to buy individual issues anymore. They just pay the $200 & they get it all with Wolverine in every panel.

It's simply ridiculous.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Okay...

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Damien

Needs more venom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wolverine is whored out throughout all Marvel titles. 
    This isn't new and won't change. I've seen it over the last almost 15 years of buying comics.

As for your one huge comic idea (which I'm positive was in jest) it wouldn't make sense as far as advertising goes.
    Comic books have HUMONGOUS advertising deals.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Popular characters sell comic books.  Novel concept, I know.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By bonbolapti

I bet if you stopped paying attention to Wolverine you'd be happier.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Hamz

Ol' Sniktbub sells and is popular amongst the majority of fans and those who may not pay close enough attention to Marvel characters to recognise them other than Wolverine. But I agree it is annoying to see him everywhere.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ninjakiller

I was mislead by title of this thread.  I was expecting some hot Wolverine on Wolverine action.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio

I feel ya man.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I've found that Wolverine is the best character in all of the Marvel games I've played in ages too, he's the most effective guy I have on my Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 team. Melee attack, crowd control, fusion damage and versatility, quick self healing, best alternate costume...my fellow Canadian does it all.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @UnsolvedParadox said:
    " I've found that Wolverine is the best character in all of the Marvel games I've played in ages too, he's the most effective guy I have on my Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 team. Melee attack, crowd control, fusion damage and versatility, quick self healing, best alternate costume...my fellow Canadian does it all. "
    LOL. Well obviously they made him more effective!  During game design they probably said, we better make Wolverine the best there is.  Hulk & Thor are just a couple of nobodies.  Wolvie took over the Marvel Universe & I'm just tired of him.  

I've been thinking of getting this game, but I'm also thinking of getting Prototype...Sadly, the two games seem too similar to each other, so I'm probably going to go with Prototype for now & maybe look at picking up WoS later.  No sense in buying two games that I assume are similar in nature at the same time.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

I actually had written over at ComicVine once about the integrity of character vs. the corporate need to make a character a brand.  Wolverine falls into the latter.  I rarely see him as a comic character anymore and instead see him as just another brand name.  It's sad really, because he's got some really great stories in the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " You know one thing that pisses me off is all the over-coverage of Wolverine in every damn Marvel title.  It's no longer X-men. It's no longer Spider-man. Or even Fantastic Four.  It's now: Wolverine & the X-men or Spider-man & Wolverine. Or Fantastic Four (featuring Wolverine), just to sell their damn comic books.  And now you can't even get a Spider-man game without the Invincible Jerk playing some critical role.  You think people would be tired of him after all being so oversold for the past several years.  I can picture the guys over at Marvel making a new comic...Let's make the hero purple-colored & his origin is a genetic defect. He has X abilities & features. Oh shit!  We better put Wolverine in the first 12 issues, otherwise the comic may not sell...!   I think what they should do is just create ONE comic at Marvel. Call it, oh I don't know..how about WOLVERINE?  They can make it a 200 page tie-in for $200 and then nobody has to buy individual issues anymore. They just pay the $200 & they get it all with Wolverine in every panel.  It's simply ridiculous. "
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " Wolverine is whored out throughout all Marvel titles.  This isn't new and won't change. I've seen it over the last almost 15 years of buying comics.  As for your one huge comic idea (which I'm positive was in jest) it wouldn't make sense as far as advertising goes. Comic books have HUMONGOUS advertising deals. "
    Why so much hate. :(
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Wolverine said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " You know one thing that pisses me off is all the over-coverage of Wolverine in every damn Marvel title.  It's no longer X-men. It's no longer Spider-man. Or even Fantastic Four.  It's now: Wolverine & the X-men or Spider-man & Wolverine. Or Fantastic Four (featuring Wolverine), just to sell their damn comic books.  And now you can't even get a Spider-man game without the Invincible Jerk playing some critical role.  You think people would be tired of him after all being so oversold for the past several years.  I can picture the guys over at Marvel making a new comic...Let's make the hero purple-colored & his origin is a genetic defect. He has X abilities & features. Oh shit!  We better put Wolverine in the first 12 issues, otherwise the comic may not sell...!   I think what they should do is just create ONE comic at Marvel. Call it, oh I don't know..how about WOLVERINE?  They can make it a 200 page tie-in for $200 and then nobody has to buy individual issues anymore. They just pay the $200 & they get it all with Wolverine in every panel.  It's simply ridiculous. "
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " Wolverine is whored out throughout all Marvel titles.  This isn't new and won't change. I've seen it over the last almost 15 years of buying comics.  As for your one huge comic idea (which I'm positive was in jest) it wouldn't make sense as far as advertising goes. Comic books have HUMONGOUS advertising deals. "
    Why so much hate. :( "
    LOL.  You just need to tone it down, stop working overtime to "save Marvel", fatten your paycheck, or whatever.  They ought to kill Wolvie like they did Captain America, but I guess that would bankrupt Marvel if they did that.

I was just eyeballing Spidey:WoS & couldn't help going into a tirade when I saw that Wolvie was in the game. Not only was he in the game, but he had to be put on the cover too!  I guess Spiderman can't sell his own shit now.
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By RichardLOlson

Wolverine is a popular character and nothing will ever change that.  The water is wet, sky is blue, and marvel has a lot of poplar characters....its just how the world is.  Deal with it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok

Needs more Deadpool, Moon Knight, and Werewolf by Night.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Metroid545
    @Damien said:
    " Needs more venom. "
    this

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.